• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Terminator Reboot, June 2015

Darth Biscuit

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/paramount-sets-terminator-relaunch-june-26-2015-231605997.html

Skydance Productions, Annapurna Pictures and Paramount Pictures have jointly announced they will partner on a rebooted “TERMINATOR” movie, to be released by Paramount Pictures on June 26, 2015.

The first in a stand-alone trilogy, “TERMINATOR” will be produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance. Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will serve as executive producers. Laeta Kalorgridis (“Avatar,” “Shutter Island”) andPatrick Lussier (“Drive Angry”) are attached to write the screenplay

I love the Terminator story... hope they don't screw it up...

Loved the Terminator.....Having Stan Winston's creation get up out of the burning RIG was a top-10 movie moment for me. I was about 13yrs old and that was WHOOOOOOAAAAAA......

Script was awesome and M.Biehn (Reese) nailed these lines perfectly.

Kyle Reese: Listen, and understand! That Terminator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Kyle Reese: [interrupts] Look! You've heard enough! I have answered your questions! Now I have to see Sarah Connor!

Dr. Silberman: I'm afraid that's not up to me.

Kyle Reese: Then why am I talking to you? Who is in authority here?

Dr. Silberman: Please, I-

Kyle Reese: SHUT UP! [glares the camera] You still don't get it, do you?! He'll find her! That's what he does! It's all he does! You can't stop him! He'll wade through you, reach down her throat, and pull her fuging heart out!!

T2 was a great action movie.

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-

I hope it never gets any further than that press release.

serious question, I can tell from your post that you love the original terminators, and I assuming you don't want anyone new ones because it will ruin the legacy? 

But I don't get this logic. It's not like they are burning all the copies of the originals. You don't have to watch the new ones, hell you don't have to even show your kids the new ones. 

Hollywood is all about making money, thus successful franchises always get rebooted. 

so I guess my question is: Why does it really matter to you?

serious question, I can tell from your post that you love the original terminators, and I assuming you don't want anyone new ones because it will ruin the legacy? 

But I don't get this logic. It's not like they are burning all the copies of the originals. You don't have to watch the new ones, hell you don't have to even show your kids the new ones. 

Hollywood is all about making money, thus successful franchises always get rebooted. 

so I guess my question is: Why does it really matter to you?

In the end it doesn't matter.  Not really.

I just hate to see solid movie franchises raided for their name and the franchise devalued.  You could argue that the second one of these was better than the first but since then it has been a steady race to the basement.  3 was bad, 4 was horrible, and that abortion that was Sarah Connor Chronicles should have landed someone in jail. Its my concern that with another three movies and all people will remember when Terminator is mentioned is the mountain of poo covering up two of the all time great SciFi flicks.

To me its like making a sequel to Blade Runner, or Saving Pvt Ryan, or The Outlaw Josie Wales.  You really cant improve on the story/world.

Terminator 3 wasn't BAD, it was a good action flick.  The problem is T1 and definitely T2 are untouchable.  T2 may still be the best action flick ever, and maybe sci-fi, it's up there for sure.  T4 was OK but I wouldn't say any of them are straight BAD.   It definitely went down after T2 but it wasn't bad.  Sarah Connor Chronicles was actually a very good tv show and most fans agreed, especially toward the end it stated getting REALLY good but it was too late.  If they were able to go a 3rd season it would have been awesome.  Matter of fact, it's a show people have been trying to get brought back for years.

That being said, not sure why a reboot instead of a continuation of the story.  If you're "rebooting" why bring Arnold back?  Start a new identity IMO.

Archived