• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final uniform contest thread

redbuddha

If Panther's websites (Panthers official facebook page, pathers.com etc.) start publicly declaring victory, Dameshame will have to cave. It's one thing to cheat us message board knuckleheads, but to deny the Panthers organization is a different thing entirely. We need to call it to their attention that we are being railroaded here and that we have officially won. 

If Panther's websites (Panthers official facebook page, pathers.com etc.) start publicly declaring victory, Dameshame will have to cave. It's one thing to cheat us message board knuckleheads, but to deny the Panthers organization is a different thing entirely. We need to call it to their attention that we are being railroaded here and that we have officially won. 

The Panthers Facebook page just announced their victory: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=642322119114131&set=a.171939546152393.42410.112088258804189&type=1&theater

I posted this on my FB page for my friends that didn't know of this contest.

"NFL.com recently ran a contest of the best uniforms in NFL history and the Panthers won by a HUGH landslide. What does NFL.com do? They take it off their site and never mention it again. I don't know what kind of Communist Nazi jackasses work there that can't even back their own contest. I'm just glad I don't subscribe to their worthless network and never will. Nothing but a bunch of pussy frat boys that get mad when they don't get their way. We're a NFL team too so go to Hell NFL Network."

Not that it'll do any good but made me feel better.

Victory never dies.

We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in Atlanta, Tampa Bay and New Orleans, we shall fight on the seas and the oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. ~ W.Churchill

g6857_u3848_Sir_Winston_Churchill.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/contact-us

This is the nfl.com contact us website.  It is the only link I have found to post complaints.  This is what I have emailed them:

After following the Greatest Uniform Competition hosted by Dave Dameshek for over a month, I am very surprised and upset that the competition did not have a conclusion.  It would appear that after a "small market" team won the competition, it was ignored. The winner was never even announced. I believe this is a slap in the face to the Panthers organization and over 1 MILLION fans who voted for their team.  The Panther fans and fans around the NFL deserve a conclusion to the competition.  

Well at least some good news will come out of this. Based on the slam dunk victory (valid or not) it sounds like we will be seeing this look a lot more: 

“Oh, you’re definitely going to see black jerseys and black pants some more now,” said Jackie Miles, Carolina’s head equipment manager since its inception. “This hasn’t gone unnoticed in our building. I’ve always liked the look myself. Now that this has happened, I’m going to push for it more often.”

I for one will be glad to see a break in the constant barrage of white on white uniforms.

Archived