• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the essential elements in place?

Mr. Scot

I think you guys are over thinking this whole thing. We just need to rotate players in and out and we should be ok. Meeks seems to be good at that, Trgo never was. We should be good enough, especially if we can make a deal on one more DL player once cuts start happening. Don't worry about the money, money is easy enough to find when required...

He'll be fine, and probably better in rotation if he were the one rotataing in.

What's the chances of Brayton taking over Lewis at DT, or spliting snaps? At least Brayton has the quicks and repertoire of a DE.

I say by year's end Brayton and Lewis are spliting snaps. Brayton on passing downs for sure.

I think you guys are over thinking this whole thing. We just need to rotate players in and out and we should be ok. Meeks seems to be good at that, Trgo never was. We should be good enough, especially if we can make a deal on one more DL player once cuts start happening. Don't worry about the money, money is easy enough to find when required...

we did a lot of rotation last year...thats part of the reason peppers got 14.5 sacks because we moved him around...we still need someone better IMO at the DT postion

we did a lot of rotation last year...thats part of the reason peppers got 14.5 sacks because we moved him around...we still need someone better IMO at the DT postion

I completely understand your position. I still am not sure that's it's going to be a problem. We have a stable of good to excellent DE's and some of them have the ability to rotate into DT position to spell. Yes of course, if we still had Jenkins we'd be amazing, but that ship has sailed. We just have to make do with what we have and between using Lewis in rotation with Brayton, etc., we should be fine. Am I sure, no, but I'm confident enough to look forward to it...

Can anybody name the 3 technique players that Meeks had in Indy without looking it up?

To Mr. Scot...I hear ya brother, I'm a hell of a lot slower than I was at 31. Hell, I was outrunning a lot of 19-20yr old soldiers when I was 31. 42 is a different animal altogether.

Anyone considered the possibility of Pep getting a new deal before the July 15th deadline, freeing up cap space to pickup a vet three technique DT?

Depending on who's available we could end up with a better starter or at least some depth, since we don't have much at this point

Anyone considered the possibility of Pep getting a new deal before the July 15th deadline, freeing up cap space to pickup a vet three technique DT?

Depending on who's available we could end up with a better starter or at least some depth, since we don't have much at this point

Peppers is probably looking for A striking balance between the retarded Haynesworth Contract and the outlandish 100 percent guaranteed Aso contract. I'll assume He's looking for more then we offered last time (90 million 7 year deal we offered after his 07 season) and it's going to take a ridiculous contract to sign him long term.

7 years 110 million 50 million guaranteed is around or close what it's going to take. Do we give him that contract? I think so, I'm not sure they get it done in time though.

Peppers is probably looking for A striking balance between the retarded Haynesworth Contract and the outlandish 100 percent guaranteed Aso contract. I'll assume He's looking for more then we offered last time (90 million 7 year deal we offered after his 07 season) and it's going to take a ridiculous contract to sign him long term.

7 years 110 million 50 million guaranteed is around or close what it's going to take. Do we give him that contract? I think so, I'm not sure they get it done in time though.

i just dont think peppers will get another 7 year deal

i just dont think peppers will get another 7 year deal

Probably will, it will just be loaded like Haynesworth's contract is. Loading most of the money into next season since it has no cap. Haynesworth is going to make close to 34 million of his contract this season and next. I mean Peppers is already counting 20 million in cap this season (His tag has provision's in it that are counted because of the uncapped year, next season.) So if we give him a deal were he makes say

2009 - 10 million plus incentives

2010 - 22 million plus incentives

2011 - 12 million C Inc

2012 - 12 million C Inc

2013 - 15 million C Inc

2014 - 17 million C Inc

2015 - 18 million C Inc

That's 32 million this season and next counting incentives, with 22 of that next season. The next two years he make 29 million dollars and then the team puts in a Big bonus to either make the team cut him or resign him to a new deal.

So it ends up being similar to Haynesworth's deal

4 years 56 million with 30 of that guaranteed. Most of the guarantee coming in the uncapped year.

Turning 42 does :(

(I can testify)

I will be right there with you within a couple of weeks.

Anyway, I believe Lewis should be fine for at least another 3 years. After that, the will to get it going stats to make a gradual descent, especially when the body wants to do its on thing.

I'm willing to put Damione Lewis up against any of the 3 technique DT's that Meeks had at Indy. If you're gonna use Warren Sapp as a comparison though, Lewis will never measure up that that.

BTW, I don't understand why so many fans are already counting out Corvey Irvin. Let's see what he does with pads on before we judge him one way or the other.

Archived