• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Delhomme #40 NFL QB All-time?

dbeat

According to this website http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=1808 Jake Delhomme has been doing pretty well with what he's been given with. Sorry if this has already been posted but I found this pretty interesting. By combining statistics based on how well the defense is for each qb's team and their win-loss percentage, #17 is #7 in current qbs and #40 of alltime qbs. Slowly I'm starting to forget and forgive Arizona.

Maybe its the anticipation of the new season, or maybe I'm realizing he's pulled out more wins than has lost us games, but he's a much better qb then most Panther fans give him credit for. I haven't seen a game like Arizona ever from Jake. I think he just needs a strong #2, with the current game plan the only reliable receiver is #89.

I've been researching statistics like crazy, watching games on all sorts of teams, and I'll be honest, Jake is much better than we gave him credit for. He's not ever going to be an elite QB, but to suggest he's the problem just doesn't work.

10 years after Delhomme retires he will be a legend in Carolina.

It will be; "back when Delhomme was the QB", blah, blah, blah.....

Folks just dont realize how hard it is to find QB's.

Look throughout history any you can only name a handful of elite QB's. They just dont fall off tree's.

One day we will get our "Tom Brady", but I will stand behind our Jake Delhomme until he cant win games. And thats something he has always done!!!

I've been researching statistics like crazy, watching games on all sorts of teams, and I'll be honest, Jake is much better than we gave him credit for. He's not ever going to be an elite QB, but to suggest he's the problem just doesn't work.

I think that's part of it right there.

I think a lot of people love "pretty" type QBs like Bledsoe who had near perfect mechanics threw a nice ball etc. However, I watched Bledsoe long enough to know he was like a Ferrari with a Yugo engine. Sure he would rack up some pretty yardage stats, but he wasn't coachable, he would never work on his game to get better and many, many times when he needed to make plays, all that would happen was INTs. Even very late in his career when he was in Dallas, Parcells had to manage him and have him read only one side of the field. Parcells knew his limitations and could work with them.

There's nothing really "pretty" about the way Jake plays. Can the guy get the job done most of the time, does his team believe in him and does he help his team win and help them all be better? That's all that matters...those type of results/attributes. And those can't be quantified by how pretty it looks.

Archived