• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game on the line... you going with Beason, Morgan or Keuchly....

charlottenian

I dont understand the point of this but kuechly all day then morgan and beason in a distant 3rd

Beason is a distant 3rd? How can you seriouisly make that statement? Beason at his best was a top 2 Mike in the NFL and that's only because of that freak Patrick Willis, or he would have been #1. Certainly better than Keek is in coverage right now. Don't get me wrong, I think Luke can eventually be better than Morgan and Beast, but right now I'd argue he's not Beason in his prime. Hard to say with Morgan, since the entire defense was ridiculous.

Luke.

Dan Morgan played in less than 50% of the games he was on the roster, so the odds of him being on the field are not very good.

Jon Beason was only fractionally better in pass coverage than Luke, but Luke is faster than Beason right now

Well, I can recall more than one game where Beason made an INT to ice the game. I may have missed it, but I can't say the same for Luke.

Beason is a distant 3rd? How can you seriouisly make that statement? Beason at his best was a top 2 Mike in the NFL and that's only because of that freak Patrick Willis, or he would have been #1. Certainly better than Keek is in coverage right now. Don't get me wrong, I think Luke can eventually be better than Morgan and Beast, but right now I'd argue he's not Beason in his prime. Hard to say with Morgan, since the entire defense was ridiculous.

If the question is who do you want at their peak.....and injury thrown out..... Davis > Beason.

Beason is a distant 3rd? How can you seriouisly make that statement? Beason at his best was a top 2 Mike in the NFL and that's only because of that freak Patrick Willis, or he would have been #1. Certainly better than Keek is in coverage right now. Don't get me wrong, I think Luke can eventually be better than Morgan and Beast, but right now I'd argue he's not Beason in his prime. Hard to say with Morgan, since the entire defense was ridiculous.

and yet here we go...  a ridiculous debate about something that has nothing to do with anything...

Morgan was great, but never saw the field..  Beason was never as athletic as Kuechly and yet Kuechly's football IQ is off the charts coming into, merely, his 2nd year..

and so we have it...  a battle of words that creates more chaos than.. well, anything... 

I think I should start a thread "what will Steve Smith say about Brandon Lafell in 10 years?"... 

Sure, if we're going to simply ignore reality, throw out injuries and take them all at their peak, I'll take Sam Mills.

You can pick apart anyone's answer.

Luke has one year under his belt....Morgan had a career under his. We saw Morgan's prime. Saw Beason's. Haven't seen Luke's.

There was no criteria to begin with....

If we just are talking about how good someone can be....should we talk injury? Sterling Sharpe is a better WR than many who will be credited as better. If just picking a guy for a game in their prime....I think ruling out their injuries is fair.

Mills was great. In today's game? I think there are better physical freaks.

and yet here we go...  a ridiculous debate about something that has nothing to do with anything...

Morgan was great, but never saw the field..  Beason was never as athletic as Kuechly and yet Kuechly's football IQ is off the charts coming into, merely, his 2nd year..

and so we have it...  a battle of words that creates more chaos than.. well, anything... 

I think I should start a thread "what will Steve Smith say about Brandon Lafell in 10 years?"... 

I wouldn't call it a ridiculous debate. It's all in fun. Define strengths and weaknesses of each and decide which you'd prefer over the other. Kind of like the Lebron vs MJ thing.

The part that really makes it questionable is Luke and Beast are still playing, so we don't have a finished body of work for either. Though we have a better idea of Beason's best, we have no idea how good Luke will be.

Definitely TD if he's in the discussion. Freak hybrid that'll thump a full back in the hole if you need him to. Or cover a slot 30 yards down the field like a Safety. Didn't he spy Mike Vick back in the day?

Yes, he did and changed the way Mike Vick was defensed throughout the league. TD was only in his 2nd year, I think, so he still had that hybrid build of a big safety/smallish LB.

But I remember sitting in BOA and watching it unfold, asking myself what the hell Davis was doing letting TEs and RBs go past him while the other LB and DBs picked them up. A couple of series and it was obvious what the scheme was, and it worked.

Archived