• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake Delhomme: "I will never go to a Saints game."

SCP

well here's jake ripping his pants

also some great highlights from a beautiful ass whupping laid on the falcons to qualify for the playoffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbnIwOkdHYc

What a warrior! His drawers get ripped on national TV and he just gets them taped up and comes right back in. I miss Jake. Cam has twice the talent that Jake ever had, if only he could have half of his fire, he would be unstoppable.

You can bitch and complain about Jake as long as you like.  Those that do need to remember Jake took us to 12-4 in 08 in the first place. Without Jake and his gunslinging ways who knows where we would have been.

Jake is not in the conversation of Greatest QB of all time but he was a staple and one position we didn't worry about for nearly 6 season. 

Most importantly, Jake was all IN....  He bled Carolina Panther Blue.  His competitive spirit made up for any lack of talent he may have had.  You feel bad about 2008? Angry? Pissed Off?  Just think how he felt.  I can pretty sure guarantee it eats at him far more than it does any of you.

Jake has the best record of all time for the Panthers.  53-37 59%

Panther Records

• Most career passing yards (19,258)   Not bad for 90 games
  • Most career passing touchdowns (120)  1/2 to SS
  • Most career interceptions (89)  Gunslinger Mentality
  • Most career pass completions (1,580) 
  • Most career 4th quarter comeback wins (17) This will take Cam some time to break.
  • Most career game winning drives (23)  23 Game winning drives?  43% of his victories.  Nearly HALF!!!!
  • Best record for starting QB (53-37)  59% most forget that though Fox's record was .500 Jake was nearly .600
  • Most 4th quarter comeback wins in a single season - 5 (2003)  Cardiac Cats
  • Most game winning drive in single season - 8 (2003) Cardiac Cats again
  • Most wins in a single season by starting QB - 12 (2008) That playoff loss should not diminish his legend.

I don't know about the rest of you but I wear my Jake Delhomme Jersey Proudly.    Do you?

Jake should be honored and Cheered everytime he walks into BOA Stadium.  Those of you that don't think so, should regroup and rethink what Jake did for this franchise.

Awesome post Dave.

I saw Jake's ripped pants but Jeff King shitting his pants? Are you serious? If so, post pictures.

Lol unfortunately there wasn't ever a picture but I believe one of the players a while back leaked out that a player sh*t his pants during the game and then somehow it got out that it was King. I could be incorrect though.

I'm sure someone else probably has more info than I do.

THANKS

The one stat that impresses me the most is 23 Game winning drives. 43% of all his wins. Amazing

Yes....tells me that heart sometimes trumps talent.  

He did go up against Brady in the SB game, and he was not outplayed.  That loss was not on him.  It has to rank as one of the greatest games ever.

Jake was all in.  And so cool he still is....and hates the Saints!!!!!  We cut him and he still bleeds Panther blue.

I will always love Jake.

well here's jake ripping his pants

also some great highlights from a beautiful ass whupping laid on the falcons to qualify for the playoffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbnIwOkdHYc

Was at that game.  It was so beautiful. At the end it was only panther fans left + the falcon fans that had heart.   I moved down to the 50 behind the bench.  Got some gloves from Keary Colbert (in about 20 years they may be up to suggested retail price). Gave a few players some high fives.  It was like we owned the Georgia Dome (plus it was a really good Panther fan turnout as well).  The ride back on Marta was beautiful.  All the dejected Falcon fans....god I miss it so.

Was at that game.  It was so beautiful. At the end it was only panther fans left + the falcon fans that had heart.   I moved down to the 50 behind the bench.  Got some gloves from Keary Colbert (in about 20 years they may be up to suggested retail price). Gave a few players some high fives.  It was like we owned the Georgia Dome (plus it was a really good Panther fan turnout as well).  The ride back on Marta was beautiful.  All the dejected Falcon fans....god I miss it so.

Awesome.  Hope you will be back to seeing dejected fans soon.

Archived