• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL power rankings (yeah i know its way early)

Spaceballs83

among readers, maybe. 

among those who view journalism as mainly a means to sell advertising (ie, the ones who do the hiring) it's all about the headlines. if you want to work and make enough money to live on, you have to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Maybe I'm just stuborn but I refuse to believe that there arent still smart and informed people out there somewhere.  I've never bought into the post music video MTV society.  I believe in the silent majority that quietly mocks these people and are wondering when someone will finaly stand up to the stupidity and give the people the proper information and respect they deserve.  I may be very lonely in this dream but its mine and I plan on keeping it that way.  The time will come when enough people are done being lead by the reigns and look to make their own way.

*steps off soapbox*  *drops mic*

Maybe I'm just stuborn but I refuse to believe that there arent still smart and informed people out there somewhere.  I've never bought into the post music video MTV society.  I believe in the silent majority that quietly mocks these people and are wondering when someone will finaly stand up to the stupidity and give the people the proper information and respect they deserve.  I may be very lonely in this dream but its mine and I plan on keeping it that way.  The time will come when enough people are done being lead by the reigns and look to make their own way.

*steps off soapbox*  *drops mic*

those people definitely exist, they just don't click on ads.

the outlets that make the money do stuff that appeals to the people who get excited about shiny things hanging in front of them. this isn't something new, though. newspapers and every othernews outlet make their money through advertising. it's all about the money eventually. if you aren't about the money, you don't stick around. to get that money, you need flash and drama. substance and authenticity is boring.

if youbwant to earn a living in journalism, you have to be able to supply the flash and the drama and keep it short , simple, and essentially stupid. if you can't do that, you won't get hired. 

Archived