• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"A smart phone is like your own personal tutor"

Jase

I have not seen this but it's not surprising...  

All a smartphone does is distract kids... hell, it distracts me.

I can't imagine sitting in a classroom now with my phone.  I would never pay attention.

I suppose there's some argument to be made for having net access while you're studying, but you don't need a smartphone for that.

The ad I heard on the radio had kids talking like historical figures are posting on their facebook timeline.

IE "Alex Bell posted again.  Gee, just because he invented the telephone doesn't mean he can blow mine up all the time"

Then it goes into the personal tutor garbage.

Jimmies are rustled.

I think if used properly a smart phone can have some educational purpose. I'm constantly googling things throughout the day on day things I'm pondering about. Like how things are made or how they work. And I tend use to auto correct as a means to learn how to spell certain words as opposed to a crutch that I have to have.  Not sure it would work in a school system though.

all this stuff makes us more dumber, er!  Remember when we used to have to remember things....how's that for a line!!!

now there's no more arguing about who is right or anything...pop out the phone and google it.

damn you modern technology

Archived