• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera Press Conference

rodeo

It's fuging loser talk man. Just like last year he said well if it was week 8 or 9 then we'd panic and make changes. What type of poo is that??

Hopefully, Rivera and the Panthers will have a great season. 

But I think this is his personality. He's afraid to put himself under the microscope or the spotlight in anyway. Maybe it's because he doesn't want people to come back and say "Ha Ha", or it just makes him uncomfortable. I don't know?

However, it's the same thing he has inside (of him), that makes Rivera afraid to make the tough decisions, and plant his foot on the neck of the team their leading by 14 in the second quarter (for example). Making  the once flagging opponent comeback and win or play a close game when they looked dead, due to Rivera complacency. 

The part that bothers me is: What do the players think (and the negative effect it has) when they hear this, knowing his job must be on the line? After all; they only play 16 games, and once a week at that. 

I will say this again: it is not Rivera's job to get the players hyped up or to understand the magnitude of the opener. If it is then we need to cut everyone and start over. All he said is that losing the opener shouldn't mean that they give up all hope because it is a 16 game season.

For all of you claiming every game is a must win please tell me how many unbeaten champions the league has had since 1972.

Hopefully, Rivera and the Panthers will have a great season.

But I think this is his personality. He's afraid to put himself under the microscope in anyway. Maybe it's because, he doesn't want people to come back and say "Ha Ha", or it just makes him uncomfortable. I don't know?

However, it's the same thing he has inside (of him), that makes Rivera afraid to make the tough decisions, and plant his foot on the neck of the team their leading by 14 in the second quarter. Making the once down team, comeback and win, or play a close game, when they looked dead, due to Rivera complacency.

The part that bothers me is: What do the players think (and the negative effect it has) when they hear this, knowing his job must be on the line? After all; they only play 16 games, and once a week at that.

My feeling is that he doesn't believe they can win against the Seahawks but he doesn't want panic to set in because he's more confident against other teams.

I might be reading too much into it, but if rather losing not even be a thought or an option at this point.

I will say this again: it is not Rivera's job to get the players hyped up or to understand the magnitude of the opener. If it is then we need to cut everyone and start over. All he said is that losing the opener shouldn't mean that they give up all hope because it is a 16 game season.

For all of you claiming every game is a must win please tell me how many unbeaten champions the league has had since 1972.

If it isn't his job who's is it? Cam? Luke? Beason? Smitty?

How can any of them stand up and preach urgency if the head coach of the football team isn't?

My feeling is that he doesn't believe they can win against the Seahawks but he doesn't want panic to set in because he's more confident against other teams.

I might be reading too much into it, but if rather losing not even be a thought or an option at this point.

I don't see how/why he would feel this way: 

-Seattle was a bad road team last year. 

-They have a lot of injuries with key personnel at the moment. 

-Both the team, the coach and Russell Wilson, have more pressure and expectation on them now. 

-The Panthers are home,  and haven't won their first game in a while

-Rivera knows this is a make or break season for him

With all due respect. I can't believe it's what you said (probably more your feelings). We're either reading way too much into this (maybe Ron's true feelings toward the team are the opposite). Or this is just Ron Ron's personality, unfortunately. 

If it isn't his job who's is it? Cam? Luke? Beason? Smitty?

How can any of them stand up and preach urgency if the head coach of the football team isn't?

That is terrible logic. "Sorry guys, I wanted to get up and give a rousing speech about urgency but Coach isn't feeling it."

Look at where Rex Ryan's bluster got him: sitting on a clown show. Belichick doesn't have a motivational bone in his body and he has the most ruthless team in the league. It's pretty damn simple: do your jobs. If you have to be hyped up to do it then you don't belong in the NFL.

That has been his mentality all along. No urgency.

"There is always next week"

...and I hate Rivera for his lack of urgency too.  I keep hoping I'm wrong.

My $212 per seat tickets don't say 'well, we want' to play strong but if we don't win there are 15 other games'.

I expect urgency and their best effort every single game and one day Rivera will learn, if you are going to not be prepared, don't do it at home.

That is terrible logic. "Sorry guys, I wanted to get up and give a rousing speech about urgency but Coach isn't feeling it."

Look at where Rex Ryan's bluster got him: sitting on a clown show. Belichick doesn't have a motivational bone in his body and he has the most ruthless team in the league. It's pretty damn simple: do your jobs. If you have to be hyped up to do it then you don't belong in the NFL.

With all due respect: BeliCheat can coach both sides of the ball and situational coach. 

Secondly: I been thinking Ron Rivera is more like Rex Ryan each day. Good Coordinator, who thinks/thought his Primary responsibility was HIS defense, not realizing he was the head coach of THE ENTIRE team. 

Plus, no one asked him for a speech in front of the press. And [quite frankly] he doesn't have to make a "rousing" speech. He just has to impress upon his team (which he may), how bad he wants to win. I don't care how quietly or loudly he does it. 

Archived