• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peyton Manning and his accuracy issues, should Broncos be concerned?

teeray

Geez just watching this game tonight Peyton Manning has had accuracy issues.  I know at this point in the game he has 370+ yards and 6 TDs  BUT....

He threw 7 yards behind a receiver earlier that almost resulted in a INT

He threw way behind a receiver that resulted in an offensive pass interference

He overthrew a wide open Thomas on a double move that should have been a TD

He underthrew a WIDE open Welker by about 15 yards that should have been a TD

He missed wildly on a comeback route to Decker

He has also missed on a couple of back shoulder throws

I mean, he fugging short hopped a screen.  A SCREEN.  The receiver was like only 8 yards away for crying out loud.

So my question is, should the Broncos be worried about Manning's accuracy?  Yes he has like a bagillion yards and and like 10 TDs, but until he becomes more accurate he will never be elite.

Point being, if you try and guage a QBs accuracy on a handful of throws in each game you will think every QB who has ever lived in the history of the NFL is inaccurate.

Cam's accuracy is fine, just because he misses some throws does not mean he is somehow unusually inaccurate.   Those who keep repeating this please, kindly, STFU.  kthx

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

When Cam throws 7 TD passes to win the game, after he has just one winning season, after wins a few playoff games and after he carries teams to the playoffs, then make a thread like this.  Until then, why bother.

I like Newton as much as you do; but, he did have games he could have won with the ball in his hands and didn't.

If he wants to be a big time player, then be one with the execution of plays that make the difference between winning and losing.

Again the thread wasn't about Peyton Manning or Cams clutchness or win loss percentage.

I could have used any QB in the league and done the same thread.

I used Peyton as a vehicle because he is one of the best.

If you think I was comparing Cam to Peyton you are missing the point.

How do I see him differently?   Cam isn't accurate all the time.  I didn't say he was.  All QBs are not accurate all the time.  That was the point.  No one has made a convincing counterpoint backed by any data yet in this thread about his accuracy.   Just a bunch snide remarks in my direction or to say "because of that one time in that one game when he made that bad throw".

for the record brooklyn bully probably knows that you'd melt his face if he ever tried to take you in an actual football discussion.  that's why he tends to stick to one liners and "i'm so witty and sarcastic and above it all" poo when he posts.

Again the thread wasn't about Peyton Manning or Cams clutchness or win loss percentage.

I could have used any QB in the league and done the same thread.

I used Peyton as a vehicle because he is one of the best.

If you think I was comparing Cam to Peyton you are missing the point.

I didn't miss your point.

its just not worth making to bait people into a response.

Cam is a lightening rod and some of that is unfair and some of it he brought on himself because he is a harmless social knucklehead trying to have fun playing a game that far too many take too seriously as some social statement of team work and such.

Win, win when it counts, and all of it stops...until then, Superman is just not, well, Super, in most peoples' eyes.

They're just not the same style of QB.

Guys like Brees, Brady, Manning and Rodgers are precision passers, the kind that could hit a grain of sand from 60 yards away.

Quarterbacks like Favre, Roethlisberger, Elway, and Newton can sometimes throw perfect passes, but for the most part you're just shooting for catchable.

For a QB like that, you need receivers that can adjust and generally you'll be fine.

But you can't judge them the way you judge the other guys. They're just not the same.[/quote

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Archived