• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Williams or Stewart?

Panthers11

Williams will be better for us this year, if only because he has more experience. Give Stewart 1-2 more years and he will be a beast though.

Of course both of them will be very successful, I just think Dwill is the better RB at this point.

Who will be the most helpful back for the Panthers this season? DeAngelo Williams or Jonathan Stewart? I feel like we need both a whole lot, but I was just wanting to see who everyone thought would be our top back this year?

http://spamisgood.net/

I think Williams will get the ball more and is a bigger threat to break it at anytime. I don't think you can go wrong with either of these guys and I really think the most helpful back for the Panthers will be Mike Goodson because he will be solid if either one of these guys should (god forbid) goes down due to injury. I still wish we would have taken Goodson since we all know about him down here in Houston but if we couldn't have him I'm glad the Panthers got him. You guys are stacked at RB and the good thing is they are all young and talented. We have the same problem (if you can call it that) with all the young talented tightends we have in camp (4) that can all make the team. My guess is that week one it will be Williams as the top back, week two Stewart, week three Williams, week four Stewart....etc. How many RBs do you guys think the Panthers will keep on the active roster? If they keep 4 then Jamall Lee or Decori Birmingham will probably not make the team.

As long as both remain healthy, they both will be needed for sustained success. If one or both fall to injury (knock on wood), then we're going to have to rely on some rookies to step up big time.

If injury bug knocks then Mike Goodson is capable of stepping up big time. He can be a home run hitter especially if he gets to the outside.

I think Williams will get the ball more and is a bigger threat to break it at anytime. I don't think you can go wrong with either of these guys and I really think the most helpful back for the Panthers will be Mike Goodson because he will be solid if either one of these guys should (god forbid) goes down due to injury. I still wish we would have taken Goodson since we all know about him down here in Houston but if we couldn't have him I'm glad the Panthers got him. You guys are stacked at RB and the good thing is they are all young and talented. We have the same problem (if you can call it that) with all the young talented tightends we have in camp (4) that can all make the team. My guess is that week one it will be Williams as the top back, week two Stewart, week three Williams, week four Stewart....etc. How many RBs do you guys think the Panthers will keep on the active roster? If they keep 4 then Jamall Lee or Decori Birmingham will probably not make the team.

I suspect we will keep 5 on the roster. Williams, Stuart, Goodson, Hoover and Fiammetta will all make the team but one of those guys may sit out a particular game. It will be hard to keep all the guys we want to keep on the team at running back. I suspect unless Lee is a beast in the return game, he will make the practice squad and not the active roster. The same with Birmingham.

Archived