• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Williams or Stewart?

Panthers11

i'm not so sure williams will be the "starter". remember stewart had a handful of nagging injuries throughout the season which definitely sank his carries (especially at the goal line) later in the season.

we are blessed with 2 capable starting caliber runningbacks and it would be foolish to have one receiving significantly more attention than the other. imagine if LT and Mike Turner split carries during LT's prime, LT probably wouldn't be partially burned out and Turner wouldn't be the freshest pair of 6 year vet legs in the league killing the panthers twice a year.

what I'm saying is we may very well have a special backfield combination that's never been seen/properly utilized in the history of the NFL, and we should try and make something truly amazing out of it.

I think both break 1000 yards this year, but Dwill still will be the top. I think Jstew will eventually be a better back than Dwill, but this is still a few years away. One thing that I need to see from Jstew though, is that fire that Dwill seems to have. I think he is one of the most determined players I have ever seen play the game. If Jstew ever gets that fire in him, he will be unstoppable.

Archived