• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Bye Power Rankings (lol)

SgtJoo

NFL.com: 20 [Down 1]: Unlike the Packers, the Panthers did not have their bye week at an optimal time. Who would want to go on a break after routing the Giants, 38-0? Check out this upcoming schedule: at Cardinals, at Vikings, vs. Rams, at Bucs ... there's a chance the Panthers could go from 0-2 to 5-2 in time for their home matchup with the Atlanta Falcons on Nov. 3. #justsayin'

ESPN: 21 [No change]: Coming off the bye, will the real Panthers please stand up? Is Carolina the team that dominated the Giants, or the last-second loser in Buffalo in Week 2?

Fox: 23 [Down 1]: The Panthers will be coming off their bye week with two very winnable games against the Cardinals and then the Vikings. Both are on the road, but this is a good chance for the Panthers to climb above .500 on the season.

CBS: 19 [No change]: The Panthers are coming off a bye and should be healthy. Their front 7 on defense is one of the best in the NFL. If they balance up the run game and get Cam Newton going in the right direction, they can contend.

USA Today: 19 [Down 1]: None of the next five opponents have a winning record.

Yahoo: 18 [No change]: They still have a chance to have a really good season. That offer expires immediately if they can't beat Arizona coming off a bye week.

SB Nation: 20 [Up 1]: If you were waiting for Ron Rivera to get fired this weekend, I hope you used that time to make a nice thank-you gift for Tom Coughlin and the Giants.

NBC/PFT: 20 [No change]: “We’re not in last place in the NFC South!”

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000254029/article/power-rankings-week-5-broncos-chiefs-climb-falcons-drop

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/week/5

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings/2013/4

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/23946213/nfl-power-rankings-with-payton-back-stocked-saints-a-contender-again

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/rankings/

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-nfl-power-rankings-changing-guard-week-051134783--nfl.html

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/1/4789964/nfl-power-rankings-week-5-2013-saints-broncos-browns-patriots-buccaneers-josh-freeman

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/01/week-four-power-rankings-4/

We have won 1 game against a struggling Giants team. 18-23 is about right until Rivera proves he can win close games. I'm still not sold on Chico.

Totally, but to go down in some rankings because we have an easy schedule coming up is hilarious.

We have won 1 game against a struggling Giants team. 18-23 is about right until Rivera proves he can win close games. I'm still not sold on Chico.

i need to see these things happen for me to feel good about rivera.

1) beat the teams that we should beat. last year losing to the chiefs and getting swept by the bucs were inexcusable. beating the chargers and the raiders last year were good, but beating the bucs and the chiefs would have given us a winning season. we didn't because we lost games against teams that were worse than us. we should have beaten the bills. that was inexcusable, but we beat another team that we should have beaten in the giants. we have four teams coming up that we should beat. if we can do that...yeah, i'm feeling fairly well about rivera.

2) win the close games. enough said. we win in blowouts, but if it's within 10-14 points in the 4th we don't do well. we need to put those games away. i just haven't seen us being able to do that. i can see the games against the falcons(x2), 49ers, and dolphins as being close games being decided in the 4th. we can and should put those games away.

3) beat the better teams. seattle is a better team and we almost beat them. looking at the schedule, there's only two teams i would consider being "better" and that's the saints and the pats. we know we can beat the saints. we also know that we can get spanked by them....esp. when they've got payton running the show. we can't afford to get swept by them. i can't see us sweeping them. we have to at least split with them to have any amount of respectablility. as far as the pats are concerned...they just own us. sure, the series between us is 2-3 in favor ot the pats, but one of those times cam in '95 (pre-brady/belichick) so i don't know that it counts. patriots aren't pretty this year, but they are the better coached and better prepared team constantly. we need to win that game.

of course there's the whole pull off a winning season and then do it again the next year and get us to the playoffs thing that i need to see as well, but for right now i need to see him pull this off.

i think the way we do it is none of this playing it safe crap. it just doesn't work for us. we need to go hard all game, never letting off the gas...even with a 10 point lead and only 2 minutes on the clock...we can't ever let up. i just need to see that fire from start to finish that i saw against the giants and i need to see it every week.

1) beat the teams that we should beat. last year losing to the chiefs and getting swept by the bucs were inexcusable. beating the chargers and the raiders last year were good, but beating the bucs and the chiefs would have given us a winning season. we didn't because we lost games against teams that were worse than us. we should have beaten the bills. that was inexcusable, but we beat another team that we should have beaten in the giants. we have four teams coming up that we should beat. if we can do that...yeah, i'm feeling fairly well about rivera.

2) win the close games. enough said. we win in blowouts, but if it's within 10-14 points in the 4th we don't do well. we need to put those games away. i just haven't seen us being able to do that. i can see the games against the falcons(x2), 49ers, and dolphins as being close games being decided in the 4th. we can and should put those games away.

3) beat the better teams. seattle is a better team and we almost beat them. looking at the schedule, there's only two teams i would consider being "better" and that's the saints and the pats. we know we can beat the saints. we also know that we can get spanked by them....esp. when they've got payton running the show. we can't afford to get swept by them. i can't see us sweeping them. we have to at least split with them to have any amount of respectablility. as far as the pats are concerned...they just own us. sure, the series between us is 2-3 in favor ot the pats, but one of those times cam in '95 (pre-brady/belichick) so i don't know that it counts. patriots aren't pretty this year, but they are the better coached and better prepared team constantly. we need to win that game.

of course there's the whole pull off a winning season and then do it again the next year and get us to the playoffs thing that i need to see as well, but for right now i need to see him pull this off.

i think the way we do it is none of this playing it safe crap. it just doesn't work for us. we need to go hard all game, never letting off the gas...even with a 10 point lead and only 2 minutes on the clock...we can't ever let up. i just need to see that fire from start to finish that i saw against the giants and i need to see it every week.

Ditto.

It's Show me the money time, Rivera.

I think overall SF is a better team. We have a better QB

I think overall SF is a better team. We have a better QB

from what i've seen it's a push all over the place.

yeah, we've got the better QB, but i think we've also got the better RB corps as well as WR corps. vernon davis is a bit better than olsen, but olsen is still one of the better TEs in the league.

their OL is better...or at least should be, but it's not doing as well as usual this year. they've been better than us in pass pro, but worse with the run so even at that i think it's a push based on performance thus far. their right side is quite a bit better than ours (although bell did seem to turn a corner against the giants) but our left side is better.

on defense...man, i don't know. i think we've got the better one this year.

the thing that i think will hurt us is coaching. jim harbaugh > rivera.

Archived