• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The problem with hiring coordinators as HC's

Dash Global

I know they do. I am saying they should hire the best man for the job. Regardless if thats the HC picking or the GM. 

Tomlin didnt hire his coordinators in Pitt. And look at the success he has had. Pitt would have been stupid letting their DC walk simply because of a HC change. 

I want the best damn coordinator for the job. You can not trust HC's to delivery that due to a number of reasons. In which case the GM should be involved to some magnitude

This isnt the way it goes down, but its the way it should go down.  

Dick Lebeau is a HoFer who will be there until he retires regardless of who the HC is.

That was discussed upon interviewing/hiring anyone and the Steelers candidates aren't stupid they know that's the deal.

You also don't always get "the best" because not everyone wants to work for the Panthers...

Dick Lebeau is a HoFer who will be there until he retires regardless of who the HC is.

That was discussed upon interviewing/hiring anyone and the Steelers candidates aren't stupid they know that's the deal.

You also don't always get "the best" because not everyone wants to work for the Panthers...

And that is how it should be done. Why remove a proven great coordinator? 

You get the best you can get. Which doesnt necessarily mean the best. 

I want proven damn coordinators that are great. Fug anything else. 

I tried saying the same thing dude, but it's not getting through. We may be posting in a troll thread.

You guys are missing the point. 

Yes those guys were coordinators first

BUT

They then went on to prove themselves as a HC. 

I would rather hire a proven HC that was once a coordinator than an unproven coordinator. 

Thats just my ideal world, as id hire unproven coordinators as well. 

And that is how it should be done. Why remove a proven great coordinator? 

You get the best you can get. Which doesnt necessarily mean the best. 

I want proven damn coordinators that are great. Fug anything else. 

Not sure what you are talking about....

There are few HoF coordinators in the NFL and you used 1 of them to support your argument?

What proven coordinators did we let go? What HoFers are we missing out on?

If there are established ones out there why would they come here and not get promoted or stay where they are?

Not sure what you are talking about....

There are few HoF coordinators in the NFL and you used 1 of them to support your argument?

What proven coordinators did we let go? What HoFers are we missing out on?

If there are established ones out there why would they come here and not get promoted or stay where they are?

You are missing the point. 

The point is I want PROVEN good-great coordinators. 

Rivera is a good example as a DC. Rex Ryan will prob get fired soon and he will be another example of a proven DC / mind that would make an excellent DC. 

I dont care how they come or get here. 

What I dont want is a HC picking anything other than a proven good-great coordinator. 

Take Mcdermott for example. He is proving himself this year to be a solid DC and has worked under some great defensive minds. Unless we replace him with a more proven DC id rather he stay the DC in the regime change.

The key I think is getting the proven guys(OC/DC coordinators) once they are fired from their HC gigs.As HC and coordinating are two different things.  

Only an idiot would have replaced Dick LeBeau.

We don't have a 'Dick LeBeau' on this staff.

Only an idiot would have replaced Dick LeBeau.

We don't have a 'Dick LeBeau' on this staff.

I only want clear upgrades. 

Unless the replacement is more proven / clearly better than Mcdermott I dont want em. 

I am content with Sean. Now anything is gonna be an upgrade of Shula. 

Its like if Rex Ryan gets fired and becomes a DC. Fields a top 10 D yet his HC sucks it up and gets fired. 

Why in Gods earth would you let Ryan walk? 

I dont understand how this ever became common place. If I am a GM I am going after the best, fug if the coach wants his "friend" who is less qualified / proven. 

Archived