• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Perfect OC for next year? JR/DG Please read.

Dash Global

Actually, this isn't such a bad idea.

Cameron is a Coryell style coach and has had lots of success as a pro coordinator.

(none as a head coach, mind you; but as an OC, I'd take him)

He stunk up a Ravens team that has far more talent than us.

He stunk up a Ravens team that has far more talent than us.

There was a guy who got run out of New York for stinking up the Giants offense some years back too. Fellow by the name of Payton. He seems to have done okay in new surroundings.

Some coach/QB combos just don't mesh, but look up Cameron's record everywhere else and you'll see a different story.

He's not my top choice though.

Yea, I wouldnt want him as a HC, but he seems about as strong of an OC candidate as I can think of.

Scott, can you think of a more proven realistic OC we could hire?

My favorite HC/OC combo idea is Mike Zimmer and Hue Jackson.

There was a guy who got run out of New York for stinking up the Giants offense some years back too. Fellow by the name of Payton. He seems to have done okayin new surroundings.

Some coach/QB combos just don't mesh, but look up Cameron's record everywhere else and you'll see a different story.

He's not my top choice though.

My favorite HC/OC combo idea is Mike Zimmer and Hue Jackson.

Good call on Payton. 

I looked at Jackson's stats as an OC and wasn't all that impressed. 

Id take Cameron over Jackson. 

Sign me up for the 

HC - Zimmer

OC - Cameron

DC - McDermott

Good call on Payton.

I looked at Jackson's stats as an OC and wasn't all that impressed.

Id take Cameron over Jackson.

Sign me up for the

HC - Zimmer

OC - Cameron

DC - McDermott

Payton's one example. There are definitely others (heck, Andy Reid).

Don't know that Zimmer and Cameron have ever crossed paths. He and Jackson are well acquainted though.

Payton's one example. There are definitely others (heck, Andy Reid).

Don't know that Zimmer and Cameron have ever crossed paths. He and Jackson are well acquainted though.

Your not concerned with Jacksons bland OC stats? I wouldnt be mad at the hire, but I would certainly be mad if he was the first choice. 

Sumlin or bust

You don't know how Dave Gettleman feels about college style / read-option type offenses, do you?

Your not concerned with Jacksons bland OC stats? I wouldnt be mad at the hire, but I would certainly be mad if he was the first choice. 

He's been good enough to get HC looks before (got the job once) and calls the right kind of system for Newton.

My bigger worry there is he's a tad "quirky", but overall still think he'd be a good choice.

I'm not a fan of Cameron, but I don't think he could be the worst hire we could make for OC.

However, and again we go back to this, DG and JR are not going to pick their OC separately from the HC. The HC picks his staff, because he wants autonomy. He will want to know that he has the free reign to hire the people that he thinks will best help our team to win.

You don't know how Dave Gettleman feels about college style / read-option type offenses, do you?

He's been good enough to get HC looks before (got the job once) and calls the right kind of system for Newton.

My bigger worry there is he's a tad "quirky", but overall still think he'd be a good choice.

I am not sure how he could have got looks / a HC job if we are talking about what he did as a OC. I checked his stats for his stints in OAK and ATL and was not impressed at all. 

To me, as a coordinator, you need to have multiple ie more than 1, seasons with a top 5-10 ranked squad. 

I'm not a fan of Cameron, but I don't think he could be the worst hire we could make for OC.

However, and again we go back to this, DG and JR are not going to pick their OC separately from the HC. The HC picks his staff, because he wants autonomy. He will want to know that he has the free reign to hire the people that he thinks will best help our team to win.

How could you not be a fan of a guy that basically averages a top 10 offensive unit? 

I know the FO is not gonna pick the coordinator separately. 

Even though I disagree with that philosophy. 

Obviously the most proven / talented guy will help our team to win the best. Regardless of past ties. 

Sadly HC's do not attempt to get the "best" guy. Instead they go for their buddies or people they have connections with. 

I am merely throwing out who I think would make the best realistic (if we wanted him) OC option. 

Not who is most likely to be hired. 

Archived