• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlie Casserly on NFL Network talking about Cammy Cam

Or maybe when you play really well you change opinions.

He's right.

I watch NFLN a lot. Charlie Casserly says whatever he's paid to say. I will never forget, during the draft, how he  and Mike Mayock were pro Blaine Gabbert and treated Cam like the Devil's spawn. He even had the nerves to rank Blaine higher than Matt Stafford on the list of "chosen QBs." Him and his NFLN buddies were singing the praises of how NFL ready Blaine was while articles from Blaine's own college-town was questiong their sanity.

I must admit, I love NFLN way more then ESPN but it's clear those folks are paid to say what TPTB tells them to say. Some stay on script and some come off and you can tell.

Charlie, like Mike Mayock, get paid to be tools for that network.

he's on a role. we seem to go as he goes

I'll never understand why when he plays like poo its the fault of oline, run game, play calling, but when he plays great its all about him

anyway, I hope he keeps it up

Look at this genius here. All of those things are synonymous to a quarterback's success.

Not really. Casserly didn't change--Cam did.

Yes, because Cam was a thug who didn't have the work ethic, or the IQ to lead an offense. 65 touchdowns in three seasons, only second to Dan Marino. Don't give me this sugarcoated bullshit about the media's criticism of Cam.

Not really.   Casserly didn't change--Cam did.

I never really had any issue with people that criticized his play on the field.

It's the guys like Casserly that consistently attacked his character as a person that really pissed me off. Cam made a few mistakes as a young man, just like damn near all of us. That does not provide grounds for running his reputation into the dirt. And that's exactly what Casserly and others of his ilk used their pulpit to do.

Yes, because Cam was a thug who didn't have the work ethic, or the IQ to lead an offense. 65 touchdowns in three seasons, only second to Dan Marino. Don't give me this sugarcoated bullshit about the media's criticism of Cam.

Marino is the absolute last guy on earth you want Newton compared to.

Marino is the absolute last guy on earth you want Newton compared to.

One of the best QBs of all time and you don't want Cam compared to him?  O.o

Don't wanna hear this "uh uh he doesn't have a ring" bs.  He played well enough to get rings, his team didn't.  Team sport.  TEAM SPORT.  T E A M  S P O R T.

Unless you're talking about him getting kidnapped by Ray Finkle.  I don't want Cam kidnapped by Ray Finkle either.

Dude, you guys are retarded hating on analysts all the time. They call things as they see it -- sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad -- that's just their job. Sometimes, a player you didn't like (in a purely football type of way) succeeds. What are you supposed to do? Just keep hating on the player? Of course not. There is nothing wrong with 'eating crow'.

Keep in mind guys that its good for the network that they have people with negative/differing opinions.

You and I love Cam, but 31 other fanbases like to hear these guys talk poo about him. Just like you enjoy them talking trash about RG3, Romo or whomever.

I don't  hate Mayock for not liking Cam, thats his opinion. Its why I watch college ball, so I can form my own. He loved both Star and KK, Barner too I believe, so its not like he's completely brain dead.

Hell, I thought Sam Montgomery would be better than Mingo. Is he even on a roster today? 

Archived