• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jon Beason "I Want To Retire A Giant"

chknwing

Lets not overreact to his retirement comments. Its not like he's snubbing us for a HOF enshrinement or something.

He knows he's getting older and hasn't got many more years left to play. The Giants are a great opportunity for him to continue being a starter at MLB for a couple more years.

He sure looks really happy playing again up there, energetic and slapping helmets left and right. It was likely killing him watching Keek blow it up every game at MLB.

Its sad to see a long time Panther wearing another jersey but this move was best for both parties. Chase has been great at OLB for us and we have Klein to develop behind him. He was gone after the year anyway.

where have i heard this before.. oh how about .. ill never go to the superbowl unless im playing in one - jon beason a while back. Its nice and sweet but the NFL is too damn competitive and unfortunately all those young men are laying their bodies on the line. By the third year of their Pro Careers they are totally done. I love beason to death but i think it will take him about 1 more year for him to be impactful but not as deadly as he used to be. :) 

All the best. 

Better get used to seeing us move away from players because it seems that Gettlemen is more attached to winning than he is to players feelings.

So yea its time for the fanbase to change with the Panthers and stop clinging to every player that ever puts on a uniform.

I really liked that guy a lot.  I think he had all intentions of wanting to be a great player and helping our team.  He was a leader before the injuries and said all the right things.  Sucks he couldn't stay healthy...and that I spent all that dang money on his jersey years ago. 

One more injury and he'll be saying I want to retire a Fox broadcaster.  He's always said all the right things.  The only problem the last few years was that was all he was doing.  Talking.

My best to him. This is probably going to work out well for him and the Panthers.

Archived