• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers asking for loud crowd via Twitter

SCP

TOO SAD!

It's easy for someone who doesnt live near to say that. I'm sorry I'm not rich. I dont have $100 to spare. And watching the game on television is a huge upgrade over in person. Unless you just want the atmosphere.

I'm not rich either but I manage to travel to 3 games a year.

If I was you I'd be there almost every week.

I'm not rich either but I manage to travel to 3 games a year.

If I was you I'd be there almost every week.

Thats good for you bud. Im glad to can manage to travel to 3 games a year.

There's no difference between a fan who watches the game in person and one who rather watch it from the couch. A fan is still a fan. I'm not throwing $150 a ticket to a game when I can get it up close from my tv and in HD. I lose all the emotion and intensity watching it live. Television gives you something you dont get compare to watching it live.

And, if you do really travel to 3 games a year "where the hell are you then this weekend"? Shut your crap up.

There's no difference between a fan who watches the game in person and one who rather watch it from the couch. A fan is still a fan. I'm not throwing $150 a ticket to a game when I can get it up close from my tv and in HD. I lose all the emotion and intensity watching it live. Television gives you something you dont get compare to watching it live.

And, if you do really travel to 3 games a year "where the hell are you then this weekend"? Shut your crap up.

I've been to AZ, I'm going to SF, and ill be there for the Monday night game. That's probably more than you can say in your life time.

You had me until you told me to shut up, now daddy's gotta put you in the corner.

.... Watching it in person is 1000x better.

I've never been to a game (unfortunately), but how boisterous is the home crowd? Does the opposing team ever have any issues like false starts? Is there any kind of "12th man" type thing going on at all?

we bang our seat bottoms against the backs. that is pretty loud.

Each game seems to have its own atmosphere. Usually the beginning is pretty loud. Once a few punts get kicked, the action slows, phones come out, etc

tv timeouts kill a lot of the crowd buzz. sir purr doing the tootsie roll doesn't really keep it rowdy. But the noise picks back up when something exciting happens.

Personally, I consider it a failure if I can talk the next day

.... Watching it in person is 1000x better.

When I was a teenager and saw the stadium for the first time, I almost cry. I didnt get to go to a game until I was 21. I guess being that age and not 14 anymore, I wasnt excited or stunned being at the game. Sitting at the endzone on the lower levels were good seats, but I lost a lot of what I get from t.v. The up close emotion and little things were hard to catch in person. Of course, if I could go to a game live I would. But, I love it from the television set too. Just as good, if not better. The only thing you cant get from watching it at home is like I said, the atmosphere.

When I was a teenager and saw the stadium for the first time, I almost cry. I didnt get to go to a game until I was 21. I guess being that age and not 14 anymore, I wasnt excited or stunned being at the game. Sitting at the endzone on the lower levels were good seats, but I lost a lot of what I get from t.v. The up close emotion and little things were hard to catch in person. Of course, if I could go to a game live I would. But, I love it from the television set too. Just as good, if not better. The only thing you cant get from watching it at home is like I said, the atmosphere.

1. Set DVR to record the game.

2. Go to game (why do you need $150 tickets?)

3. ???

4. Profit!

Personally it helps the crowd get enthusiastic when the team plays well, like has been the case for the past few weeks. BOA's been recently quiet for years because the only thing this team has been able to well is lose games.

Honestly the reason teams like Seattle do so good at home is more because of logistical reasons related to travel, if it is related to noise, it's because their stadium is designed with corralling noise to the field. Other than that, teams in general just play along with gimmicky phenomena like the "12th man" and such because it makes the fans feel like they're actually doing something by screaming and flailing their arms around like a retard, which is all those people are usually good at and which serves no purpose otherwise IRL

BOA can get plenty loud.

MNF 2008 against the Bucs was an awesome atmosphere

Agree. When the team gives the fans something to cheer for, they generally come through.

The '96 playoff win against Dallas was as electric a stadium atmosphere as I've witnessed, and that includes important NFL games in several cities and a couple of World Series. BOA may not compare with Seattle or KC on a consistent basis, but it holds it's own when warranted.

Archived