• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DRAFT SPECULATION/NEWS THREAD

MichaelNewtonII

This fight as been had many, many times on this board and I'll say what I've always preached.

Until you land AT LEAST 1 superstar in the draft, especially in a small market, you won't win poo. Being a perennial 8 seed lands you in no man's land in the NBA. Basically, the Bucks. 

Give me the shot at the superstar, because time and time again, it's proven that you do not win in this league until you draft one. Making the playoffs would be fine and dandy and a welcome sight to Horncat fans...but it also sets the team back 5 years if they decide they're cool with being abused by the Pacers/Heat/Bulls every year in the first round and going home without anything. 

Not as bad as the Bucks, more like the Hawks.  To quote "Trailer Park Boys" more like the "ShiitHawks." Only problem is (no pun intended) there are more then one ways to skin a cat.  Boston and Miami both signed a version of "the big 3".  Memphis has done a good job of solid low key FA signings then supplemented nicely with the draft.   Ideally we need our FO to simultaneously have a great year in FA and in the draft.  We only get good if everything culminates at once.  Sort of like cooking a hot meal. I don't really advocated intentionally sucking, but we are one big off season away from being good.  

If we can grab a tall athletic guard that can shoot and another big man....hopefully Wiggins we are set.  But then we're going to sit here the next two seasons waiting for them to develop.   At some point you just gotta win.

I thinks this is a bad position for us Cat fans to be in.  At one point do we expect to win?

I don't know if anyone watched Wiggins tonight against Villanova, but he was downright atrocious.

He shot .375% from the field for a grand total of 10 points to go with his 3 rebounds.

He has too much Harrison Barnes in him.

Too much hype and not enough game.

Barnes is a beast did u watch the playoffs last yr?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Not as bad as the Bucks, more like the Hawks. To quote "Trailer Park Boys" more like the "ShiitHawks." Only problem is (no pun intended) there are more then one ways to skin a cat. Boston and Miami both signed a version of "the big 3". Memphis has done a good job of solid low key FA signings then supplemented nicely with the draft. Ideally we need our FO to simultaneously have a great year in FA and in the draft. We only get good if everything culminates at once. Sort of like cooking a hot meal. I don't really advocated intentionally sucking, but we are one big off season away from being good.

If we can grab a tall athletic guard that can shoot and another big man....hopefully Wiggins we are set. But then we're going to sit here the next two seasons waiting for them to develop. At some point you just gotta win.

I thinks this is a bad position for us Cat fans to be in. At one point do we expect to win?

yeah be like memphis, get to 2nd round and conf finals but never to the finals.... id rather not be that type of team ill wait for a finals not settle for being an almost elite team

yeah be like memphis, get to 2nd round and conf finals but never to the finals.... id rather not be that type of team ill wait for a finals not settle for being an almost elite team

I understand your sentiments, and the reality is we're not going to be a dynasty anytime soon.  Like the Panthers lets just get relevant first then anything can happen.  I think we'd all agree we would be ecstatic with a series win.  If we can get a series win we could probably draw more enticing free agents.  I'd don't know though.....maybe most disagree with that.

Not as bad as the Bucks, more like the Hawks.  To quote "Trailer Park Boys" more like the "ShiitHawks." Only problem is (no pun intended) there are more then one ways to skin a cat.  Boston and Miami both signed a version of "the big 3".  Memphis has done a good job of solid low key FA signings then supplemented nicely with the draft.   Ideally we need our FO to simultaneously have a great year in FA and in the draft.  We only get good if everything culminates at once.  Sort of like cooking a hot meal. I don't really advocated intentionally sucking, but we are one big off season away from being good.  

If we can grab a tall athletic guard that can shoot and another big man....hopefully Wiggins we are set.  But then we're going to sit here the next two seasons waiting for them to develop.   At some point you just gotta win.

I thinks this is a bad position for us Cat fans to be in.  At one point do we expect to win?

Through trades (we don't have assets) or FA. They're big markets, who already had stars there to team up with others (Pierce/Wade). Not to mention the no tax thing in Miami. We can't skin the cat that way until we gain a lot more assets (through say, this draft). Thus, basically needing to get lucky and land a superstar where others may want to come join up. 

I understand your sentiments, and the reality is we're not going to be a dynasty anytime soon. Like the Panthers lets just get relevant first then anything can happen. I think we'd all agree we would be ecstatic with a series win. If we can get a series win we could probably draw more enticing free agents. I'd don't know though.....maybe most disagree with that.

You cant attract free agents without star players which we dont have. We have 2 above average players in kemba and al. We arent going to attract anything without a star which there is many of in this upcoming draft. I think OKC is a model for what we need to do, build through the draft by drafting solid players and that one STAR. With that accomplished possibilities are endless.

as am I, last time I checked when he was coming out experts saying he could never create shots in the nba and hes shown he can

He was supposed to be the next great player, yet other than that Clemson game he never did anything that made me say "wow, this kid is going to be an all-star."

Short but youre an idiot if you think that seeing a sample size of less than 20 games in a 82 game season has made you all knowing of whats going to happen

The 20 game sample size is enough to know there are more than 6 teams tanking and the Bobcats aren't one of them. But by your post above, doubt you can count to 6. At least I can do the math instead of having false hope.

The 20 game sample size is enough to know there are more than 6 teams tanking and the Bobcats aren't one of them. But by your post above, doubt you can count to 6. At least I can do the math instead of having false hope.

OK then lets get the 7th pick I dont give a fug just get in the mix of the lottery... we've yet to have luck in the lottery and I promise it will come eventually.... the more we r there the more we have a shot to get lucky

So everyone is dreaming of an 8th seed team that gets swept in the playoffs???? That's what's being built right now if the bobcats don't get into the top part of the draft.

I don't agree with your pessimistic logic, when we are going to have the cap room after Ben Gordon comes off the books to go get another $10M guy next season to put with Al Jefferson, Kemba, Zeller, and MKG... and potentially be an 8th seed THIS season without them. I do not think Charlotte will ever be a perennial contender in a league where it has become necessary to have 3 all stars in order to compete, but we could be an 8th seed this year and are poised for steady improvement over the next 4-5 seasons.

You are looking one year down then road when you have to see further out. The Bobcats are building a team the right way and are doing so to have sustained success.

I don't agree with your pessimistic logic, when we are going to have the cap room after Ben Gordon comes off the books to go get another $10M guy next season to put with Al Jefferson, Kemba, Zeller, and MKG... and potentially be an 8th seed THIS season without them. I do not think Charlotte will ever be a perennial contender in a league where it has become necessary to have 3 all stars in order to compete, but we could be an 8th seed this year and are poised for steady improvement over the next 4-5 seasons.

You are looking one year down then road when you have to see further out. The Bobcats are building a team the right way and are doing so to have sustained success.

Zeller is worthless and MKG needs 2-3 years to be a solid threat on offense. You say you need 3 all stars to win… we don't even have one… So we need to acquire one through draft. we aren't going to acquire a #1 player/all star with 10mil. We need to acquire a player that will probably be an all star by his sophomore year with a top 3 pick and only pay him 4mil a year while doing so on a rookie contract.

Archived