• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DRAFT SPECULATION/NEWS THREAD

MichaelNewtonII

This fight as been had many, many times on this board and I'll say what I've always preached.

Until you land AT LEAST 1 superstar in the draft, especially in a small market, you won't win poo. Being a perennial 8 seed lands you in no man's land in the NBA. Basically, the Bucks. 

Give me the shot at the superstar, because time and time again, it's proven that you do not win in this league until you draft one. Making the playoffs would be fine and dandy and a welcome sight to Horncat fans...but it also sets the team back 5 years if they decide they're cool with being abused by the Pacers/Heat/Bulls every year in the first round and going home without anything. 

This fight as been had many, many times on this board and I'll say what I've always preached.

Until you land AT LEAST 1 superstar in the draft, especially in a small market, you won't win poo. Being a perennial 8 seed lands you in no man's land in the NBA. Basically, the Bucks. 

Give me the shot at the superstar, because time and time again, it's proven that you do not win in this league until you draft one. Making the playoffs would be fine and dandy and a welcome sight to Horncat fans...but it also sets the team back 5 years if they decide they're cool with being abused by the Pacers/Heat/Bulls every year in the first round and going home without anything. 

Yes, I thought Jefferson was a good addition but he wont get us anywhere but 1st round and out at best... We need to get that superstar talent of the future like wiggins parker or randle

If I'm not mistaken, we still have a poo ton of cap space for next year after contracts like Gordon's come off the books as well.

IF we land one of the 3 stud freshman (or a Smart/Exum/Gordon), we can pair them with what we already have, not to mention bring in another Al Jefferson type FA. 

Kemba, MKG, Zeller, Jefferson, Taylor, 1st rounder, (potential 2 other lottery picks), and FA signing. That looks like the start of a Pacers-esque team to me for the Hornets to come back to Charlotte with. 

If I'm not mistaken, we still have a poo ton of cap space for next year after contracts like Gordon's come off the books as well.

IF we land one of the 3 stud freshman (or a Smart/Exum/Gordon), we can pair them with what we already have, not to mention bring in another Al Jefferson type FA. 

Kemba, MKG, Zeller, Jefferson, Taylor, 1st rounder, (potential 2 other lottery picks), and FA signing. That looks like the start of a Pacers-esque team to me for the Hornets to come back to Charlotte with. 

if conditional picks we traded for come to fruition and we suck we could have 3 lottery picks this year

Three bada$$ boys right there: Wiggins, Parker, and Randle!!!!!!!!!!!

Cho and MJ have been very smart about how to build this team. I HOPE, I HOPE, that they are smart enough to stay TRUE to their philosophy and keep losing a bunch of games this season. We need to have our hand on one of those three tremendous ballers. More importantly we need to find ourselves in the top3-5. Even if we falls out of the top3, we potentially have 3 1st round picks. We could package all three or possibly two of them to move into top3 and take who's available.

This team need a young STUD and this upcoming draft is the one to get one.

Aaron Gordon is also playing very well averaging 13.5ppg and 10rpg.

Marucs Smart: 12.5ppg, 4.5rpg, 3.5apg

We will have a good amount of money in FA (Gordon's expiring contract) to go after a legitimate vet to compliment this team into the Playoffs.

I do not see how someone could blame a 30-35 win team for tanking and winning 15-20 this season.  Would they really rather win 30-35 this year, and stay there, or win 15-20 this year and then contenct for an NBA title in the near future?  I know "you play to win the game" but in reality you play to win a championship.  Organizations should do whatever they think will put them in the best chance to compete for and win a ring(s), if that means sucking royally for one more season then I am all for it.

I do not see how someone could blame a 30-35 win team for tanking and winning 15-20 this season.  Would they really rather win 30-35 this year, and stay there, or win 15-20 this year and then contenct for an NBA title in the near future?  I know "you play to win the game" but in reality you play to win a championship.  Organizations should do whatever they think will put them in the best chance to compete for and win a ring(s), if that means sucking royally for one more season then I am all for it.

Yes. I completely understood why Philly made the trade for Nerlens and doesn't plan to play him this year… I though Charlotte would take Nerlens, suck and then next year have 2 young studs in Nerlens and Wiggins, Parker, or Randle.

Three bada$$ boys right there: Wiggins, Parker, and Randle!!!!!!!!!!!

Cho and MJ have been very smart about how to build this team. I HOPE, I HOPE, that they are smart enough to stay TRUE to their philosophy and keep losing a bunch of games this season. We need to have our hand on one of those three tremendous ballers. More importantly we need to find ourselves in the top3-5. Even if we falls out of the top3, we potentially have 3 1st round picks. We could package all three or possibly two of them to move into top3 and take who's available.

This team need a young STUD and this upcoming draft is the one to get one.

Aaron Gordon is also playing very well averaging 13.5ppg and 10rpg.

Marucs Smart: 12.5ppg, 4.5rpg, 3.5apg

We will have a good amount of money in FA (Gordon's expiring contract) to go after a legitimate vet to compliment this team into the Playoffs.

I don't think aaron gordon will be any more than just another blake griffin (athlete and dunker) in the NBA

Yes. I completely understood why Philly made the trade for Nerlens and doesn't plan to play him this year… I though Charlotte would take Nerlens, suck and then next year have 2 young studs in Nerlens and Wiggins, Parker, or Randle.

That is one of the main perks I saw to drafting him.  Get your stud, then get another.

Archived