• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So....

TerriblePizza

regardless of what I think, i'll still be waiting until tomorrow to find out. reasons he won't sign are 1+ million per game. can't think of any reason HE would want to sign and change that.

John Clayton on NFL Live yesterday said he will play under the tag.

I got through to Tim and Pat on Sirius' NFL yesterday, and asked them about it. They don't think it could get done, and that if it does his contract will make him the highest paid Defensive player in the league.

I was watching NFL Live yesterday and they were talking about who would you rather lock up long term, Terrell Suggs or Pep. The both of the guys said Suggs, and by a long shot. I dont know if I buy that....they said that the reason was that Suggs was more consistent, I guess holding the 2007 season against Peppers. They said that Peppers is weak against the run, and Merrell Hodges who basis for his argument was the Denver game last year where Peppers got handled by Clady.....as if Suggs has never been held in check by a tackle.

I dunno....I guess they really hold the whole year long VD thing against Peppers.

Not the best defensive player in football. Far too inconsistent. Not worth all that dough. Cut your losses.

70.5 sacks in 7 years is worth the money......we know he takes plays off you don't have to remind us you're a falcon fan for gods sake go do the dirty bird some where else.

He has had one bad season....other than that you can pencil him in for at least 10 sacks a season.

Definitely in the top 10 defensive players in the league, and could be the best if he just had some fire; but alas we have been saying that for the past 7 years.

He has had one bad season....other than that you can pencil him in for at least 10 sacks a season.

Definitely in the top 10 defensive players in the league, and could be the best if he just had some fire; but alas we have been saying that for the past 7 years.

Almost word for word what I was thinking... and your avatar is cool too.

They don't think it could get done, and that if it does his contract will make him the highest paid Defensive player in the league.

if i'm not mistaken, wouldn't this be the second time carolina offered him a contract of that magnitude?

i believe that happened about 2-3 seasons ago.

i believe he will play under the tag. $1m a week is too much money to pass up.

if i'm not mistaken, wouldn't this be the second time carolina offered him a contract of that magnitude?

i believe that happened about 2-3 seasons ago.

i believe he will play under the tag. $1m a week is too much money to pass up.

I believe that the Panthers offered him a $100 million plus contract prior to the end of last season that he turned down did they not?

Also, the money is not the only issue, at least it wouldn't be for me... so Pep gets $17 million this year, which by all accounts is a large amount, BUT let's say he played and something happened, has a bad year, gets hurt, etc. and it drastically reduces his value for the upcoming seasons... looking long term financially wouldn't it be smarter for him to sign a longer term contract rather than the one-year tender for $17? Sure he can make $17 mil this year, but he could make $12-$14 mil per year for the next 5 or 6...

Is this not the very reason the players hate the franchise designation?

Archived