• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Riverboat Ron" nickname does not have just to do with 4th downs

teeray

Pretty sure there was a thread about this very subject last week.

But who cares? I'm down to re read stuff

If so, my bad.  I was out of town part of last week so I may not have read every thread that was created. 

Thanks for keeping everything straight and keeping us posters in our place homie .

His new name should be "Huge Ball Sack" Ron. It doesn't rhyme but that 4th and 10 go for it was huge.

I agree it was huge and I applaud Ron for it but people are acting shocked, but seriously.. It would have been more shocking to not go for it. 2:30 to go with 1 timeout, that was a no brainer and hearing analysts act shocked he went for it there kind of suprises me. That was clearly 4th down territory there.

I agree it was huge and I applaud Ron for it but people are acting shocked, but seriously.. It would have been more shocking to not go for it. 2:30 to go with 1 timeout, that was a no brainer and hearing analysts act shocked he went for it there kind of suprises me. That was clearly 4th down territory there.

Agreed.  More amazing than going for it on 4th and 10 was that we picked it up, and Smitty held on while being sammiched between two Dolphins.

Everyone has talked about Riverboat Ron and his newfound willingness to go for it in fourth down situations.  But that is only part of the story.

Time after time, we would get in these situations and we would run very basic coverage, just keep everything in front of you, just rush 3 or 4, drop 7 or 8, get really deep, etc. But in these late game situations during this win streak, he has also gambled much more often on defense late in games, and it has paid off big time. 

No longer, late in games in crucial defensive positions are we just sitting back and hoping they make a mistake. 

I think the change has also played as much of a part in our winning streak and ability to win close games as has his willingness to go for it on fourth down.

First off let me say, I took words out, I did not move any, it just fell this way.

You hit two huge keys there my friend. 1. IMO, he always thought he WAS being aggressive. By the Book, he probably was to a degree. But...Riverboat? He has learned that aggression can actually be weapon.

2. As a byproduct of that new found aggression, he and McD have become a little more creative with their blitzes. They love only using 4, who wouldn't, but they are using both TD and Keek as pass rushers.

Hellz, let us not forget the Offense. They are trying to be just as physical and aggressive as their counterparts. This whole team is buying into whatever it is Rivera is selling up in there.

I never bought into the old RR, you know, Ron Rivera. But I like the new RR. Riverboat Ron. Funny how things work sometimes huh?

Archived