• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ken Dorsey

Jakob

So, this kind of an awkward thread but, I can't keep this juicy news to myself.. A player who I will not name told me that the Panthers coaching staff realized at halftime during the Dolphins game that the plays being called on offense were simply not cutting it. I was told that QB Coach Ken Dorsey was heavily involved in play calling. Based on the second half of the Dolphins game what do you think of the offensive play calling? I think the play calling was perfect, it got our offense moving. It was just what we needed at the right time.

I understand if you're skeptical but, I was received this info from a player who I highly trust.

Ah, one of those "I have sources, but I can't name them" threads.  Considering I was doubtful of Shula going into the season, I wouldn't exactly be surprised by this.  However, you also have to understand why we will all read this with a heavy dose of skepticism.

I would expect everyone to read this with a heavy dose of skepticism. I'm not the most reliable poster. But, if you if you re-watch the second half our play calling was very different.

I know it seems hard to believe so everyone should just take it with a grain of salt... Doubt Dorsey will be doing anymore play calling unless Shula shits the bed.

I would expect everyone to read this with a heavy dose of skepticism. I'm not the most reliable poster. But, if you if you re-watch the second half our play calling was very different.

I know it seems hard to believe so everyone should just take it with a grain of salt... Doubt Dorsey will be doing anymore play calling unless Shula shits the bed.

This post makes me even more skeptical.  First of all, you freely admit to not being a reliable poster.  Secondly, you simply point to the different play calling in the 2cd half as your key evidence.  Ever heard of halftime adjustments?  Thirdly, you insinuate that it was widely known in the locker room that Shula was essentially taking over play calling duties in the 2cd half.  I simply don't think that Rivera would undercut his OC like that.  You don't do something like that and essentially neuter your OC unless your ready to make a change and you don't make a change like that at halftime when you're already sitting at 7-3.

Remember when smitty went over with the binder, and the guys calling the game were saying smitty was probably saying " see I was open". Does this player anonymous player play on offense or defense ?

He was open.  That was the play where Cam tried to force it to Olsen on 3rd down.  I think it was 3rd and 5ish and Olsen was running a middle route about 15 yards deep.  Smitty was running a shallower route underneath Olsen and was wide ass open.  If Cam had gone to Smitty it would've been an easy 1st down.

This post makes me even more skeptical.  First of all, you freely admit to not being a reliable poster.  Secondly, you simply point to the different play calling in the 2cd half as your key evidence.  Ever heard of halftime adjustments?  Thirdly, you insinuate that it was widely known in the locker room that Shula was essentially taking over play calling duties in the 2cd half.  I simply don't think that Rivera would undercut his OC like that.  You don't do something like that and essentially neuter your OC unless your ready to make a change and you don't make a change like that at halftime when you're already sitting at 7-3.

I understand if you don't take me seriously. I have a close relationship with a player over twitter. He told me Dorsey seriously influenced the play calling in the second half. I'm not saying he took over for Shula completely. I'm just telling you what I was told. I don't know the details. Seriously all I was told is that "Coach Dorsey helped Coach Shula call plays" Make of it what you want to..

Remember when smitty went over with the binder, and the guys calling the game were saying smitty was probably saying " see I was open". Does this player anonymous player play on offense or defense ?

The anonymous player does play on defense.. if he played on offense I probably would have move information.

Just a reminder to everyone who doubts this info. Please recall Smitty went into the locker room demanding he gets the ball more. Smitty was left open way too many times.

I understand if you don't take me seriously. I have a close relationship with a player over twitter. He told me Dorsey seriously influenced the play calling in the second half. I'm not saying he took over for Shula completely. I'm just telling you what I was told. I don't know the details. Seriously all I was told is that "Coach Dorsey helped Coach Shula call plays" Make of it what you want to..

Some serious backpedaling in this post.  First of all, I don't think you can have a "close relationship" based on twitter alone.  That's an idiotic statement and quite frankly kind of creepy.  "Influencing" does not equal "taking over".  "Coach Dorsey helped Coach Shula call plays" does not equal "taking over".  Hell, I would say it's a fairly common occurrence for the QB coach to assist the OC in terms of game planning and in game adjustments.

Please recall Smitty went into the locker room demanding he gets the ball more.

Pretty sure that likely happens every week.  Smitty wants the ball.  Smitty is always open.  That's nothing new and every WR worth his salt feels that way.  Smitty just so happens to have the clout in this organization to actually come out and vocalize it.

Some serious backpedaling in this post.  First of all, I don't think you can have a "close relationship" based on twitter alone.  That's an idiotic statement and quite frankly kind of creepy.  "Influencing" does not equal "taking over".  "Coach Dorsey helped Coach Shula call plays" does not equal "taking over".  Hell, I would say it's a fairly common occurrence for the QB coach to assist the OC in terms of game planning and in game adjustments.

Dude, lets not make an argument out of this. All I'm saying is Dorsey played a roll in the play calling. I don't know the extent of the roll. I'm sorry if you find it *creepy* that I talk to players on twitter that I have formed a relationship with. Their are two players I talk to almost weekly on the team and personally I think it's wonderful they connect with the fan base on such a high level.

I didn't want this to turn into an argument. I just wanted to pass this tidbit of info along to the rest of the fans.

Archived