• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera get an extension this offseason?

charlottenian

I wouldn't give him one. I'd wait until this year and after next year. I am tired of JR rushing in too quick to give coaches and players extensions...1/3 isn;t really that great...and we should see what next year brings.

Biggest problem I have with an extension is JR not willing to fire him if things go to poo. WIth JR, an extension means riding it out for better or worse.

Whoaaa

31033689.jpg

Rivera hasn't done anything yet and this season could turn to shyte as quickly as last season's turned good at the end.

Let's get to, make the Playoffs and succeed.

Then next season I want to see another good start, then maybe week 6 or so we can talk extension........

If it's warranted.

Awwwww!!!! Stop acting like,"The Grinch That Stole Christmas".  If we make the playoffs then Ron Rivera deserves an extension. Being cheap won't get us anywhere and it's not like there is an over abundance of coachs that could lead this team better than Ron.

Let's see where the team ends up this season first. I still say if we poo the bed and miss the playoffs or have a bad first game then he gets fired. If the team keeps this up and puts up a good show then, yes.

Thats absurd to say that if we lose the first game he gets fired. Him and Mcdermott have turned a bunch of rejects, rookies and 2 stud LB's into an elite D. Cam has taken steps forward and bringing in a new staff would only set him back. The players respect him as well. No way he gets fired if we continue the course we are on.

In Rivera's defense,  he has gotten the team better and better every year.  The team has always improved and has never regressed.  6 wins to 7 wins,  to now,  at least 8 wins.     The guy has been learning also...and I fully believe with more time,  can be a solid coach to always have us in contention,  if we're patient.     Extend the man.

My exact same thoughts,I couldn't have summed it up better. Salute

If we make the playoffs you have to extend him

Bingo, if we make the playoffs,I would like to see Ron Rivera given an extension shortly after the Super Bowl. There is no way I want him to start the season with a lame duck status.That would certainly do nothing to instill confidence and stability in the present players or potential free agents we may be seeking.  Here is one persons positive thoughts about Ron Rivera.

("Ron Rivera has brought the same work ethic and dedication to head coaching as he did to playing, taking the Panthers in a positive direction over the last two years. Rivera inherited a team with a 2-14 record and has steadily guided Carolina from six wins in 2011 to seven in 2012 while building a foundation that includes back-to-back rookies of the year in quarterback Cam Newton and linebacker Luke Kuechly")

Old Riverboat is a victim of the "instant success" trend in the NFL. He has exhibited all the qualities that we should want in a coach. He has taken our team through a couple of rough years yet he still never gave up and instead of being a static "my way or the highway" coach, he managed to reign over one of the most dynamic coaching staffs in the league. He does not have an incredible ego and truly appreciates his players.

Give the guy a break and extend for two years.

Archived