• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A trip down memory lane....2008 wk 14, Panthers vs. Bucs, MNF

Hotsauce

Watching this game really makes me miss the explosiveness of what our running game used to be. DWILL and JSTEW used to be so explosive. I would love to see some of flashes of this today.

Anyway, behind the 2013 MNF game against the Pats, this was my second favorite Panthers game (that I attended).

Enjoy...

Im sorry, but if you asked me right now to choose one starter from the entire team that I would rather be sidelined and have the least impact, it would be D Will and its not even close. I love D Will like the next guy but the dude has just looked so slow and goes down way too easily. Yes, i know "but he is a home run hitter and all it takes is that one play" but when you consider our depth with Stewie and Tolbert, losing D Will does not concern me one bit. Every time Stewie gets the ball, it just seems like he gets those tough 3-6 yds that D Will just struggles getting. Yes I know stat wise, D Will has the higher YPC but im talking about the eye test.

Wow that crowd was awesome, what happened? The crowd was good against the Pats a couple weeks ago but nothing like this.

What do you mean, what happened? 2009, Jimmy Clausen, and 6-10 have happened. All of those things sucked the life from this fanbase.

Hell, the 2-14 season alone could've done it. Damnit, Jimmy.

What do you mean, what happened? 2009, Jimmy Clausen, and 6-10 have happened. All of those things sucked the life from this fanbase.

Hell, the 2-14 season alone could've done it. Damnit, Jimmy.

Yea but with Cam and Keek along with our winning record this year, you would think the crowds would be better. Will be intresting to see how our home crowds are in the weeks ahead.

Im sorry, but if you asked me right now to choose one starter from the entire team that I would rather be sidelined and have the least impact, it would be D Will and its not even close. I love D Will like the next guy but the dude has just looked so slow and goes down way too easily. Yes, i know "but he is a home run hitter and all it takes is that one play" but when you consider our depth with Stewie and Tolbert, losing D Will does not concern me one bit. Every time Stewie gets the ball, it just seems like he gets those tough 3-6 yds that D Will just struggles getting. Yes I know stat wise, D Will has the higher YPC but im talking about the eye test.

I don't understand your logic, you say DWILL has a better YPC ratio, but fails the "eye test"??? I'm sorry, but...... statistical facts>your eyes

No one is running like we were in 2008....that's thanks to the coaching philosophy and the play calling. Also, I believe we had a more solid OL, but I could be wrong. Not being a homer but DWILL is still a very serviceable RB for this team. We just need to calls some plays to let him loose.

Archived