• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we clinch next week?

Awesomeness!!

Dallas and Philly still play each other so one of those teams is guaranteed a 6th loss. And Zona and SF still play each other. As long as we can beat the Jets and Falcons we should get in as a wild card.

Sweeping the Saints would be icing on the cake. Will have to sweep them tho since they'll have a better conference record than us. I don't see them losing to St. Louis or Tampa but any given Sunday that poo can happen.

As it is now we have (basically) a two game lead on the next wildcard team. With four games left foes a Car win, and loses by Arizona and SF mean we're in?

Arizona would still not be eliminated against us head to head because they have the tiebreaker. Would be 3 back with 3 to play.

You also have to factor in the NFC North and NFC East who are all still alive.

I think it is mathematically impossible for us to clinch next week

Dallas and Philly still play each other so one of those teams is guaranteed a 6th loss. And Zona and SF still play each other. As long as we can beat the Jets and Falcons we should get in as a wild card.

Sweeping the Saints would be icing on the cake. Will have to sweep them tho since they'll have a better conference record than us. I don't see them losing to St. Louis or Tampa but any given Sunday that poo can happen.

Ahh, I didn't realize Arz and SF still have to play.

edit: and I forgot the NFC East... didn't realize Dallas and Philly were both at 7 wins.  blah

Arizona would still not be eliminated against us head to head because they have the tiebreaker. Would be 3 back with 3 to play.

You also have to factor in the NFC North and NFC East who are all still alive.

I think it is mathematically impossible for us to clinch next week

I think it's possible but it would rely on Arz, SF, Dal, Phi all losing... I think we'd own the tie breaker over chi because of conference stuff, even if they win out, but I may be wrong

Archived