• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we clinch next week?

Awesomeness!!

Wow that site says the 2-10 texans are still alive. Lol afc is a mess

I was trying to figure out how.

It looks like Baltimore has to go 0-4 and TX 4-0. However Baltimore owns the tiebreaker so there has to be a third team that eliminates Baltimore within the Division.

The Bengals can't go 6-10 since they already have 8 wins

Pittsburgh could but own a tiebreaker over TX as well. So they have to go 0-4 to finish at 5-11*.

So it has to be the Browns. They have to go exactly 2-2.

This would set up a three way tie at 6-10 for the last spot. The first tiebreaker gets rid of all but one in each division. Baltimore and Cleveland tied head to head and would both have 6 conference wins. So The browns would have to win on common games or SOV or SOS. They have a couple of games remaining that are common.

So Ravens are eliminated. The Browns and Houston had no head to head and would again have 6 conference wins each.

If the Browns lose to New England both teams would be 1-4 in common games. So Houston would have to win on SOV where they currently trail .417 to .448.

*I guess there could be a 4 way tie with Pittsburgh in the mix too same scenarios

I was trying to figure out how.

It looks like Baltimore has to go 0-4 and TX 4-0. However Baltimore owns the tiebreaker so there has to be a third team that eliminates Baltimore within the Division.

The Bengals can't go 6-10 since they already have 8 wins

Pittsburgh could but own a tiebreaker over TX as well. So they have to go 0-4 to finish at 5-11*.

So it has to be the Browns. They have to go exactly 2-2.

This would set up a three way tie at 6-10 for the last spot. The first tiebreaker gets rid of all but one in each division. Baltimore and Cleveland tied head to head and would both have 6 conference wins. So The browns would have to win on common games or SOV or SOS. They have a couple of games remaining that are common.

So Ravens are eliminated. The Browns and Houston had no head to head and would again have 6 conference wins each.

If the Browns lose to New England both teams would be 1-4 in common games. So Houston would have to win on SOV where they currently trail .417 to .448.

*I guess there could be a 4 way tie with Pittsburgh in the mix too same scenarios

you're forgetting about Miami's involvement in the tiebreaker - provided that PIT or CLE end up winning a 6-10 North tiebreaker. Houston would advance on conference record since neither MIA, PIT, or CLE would have 6 AFC wins

Yep good point

The 6-10 scenario will probably have a West team in it, so that further muddies the waters. The scenario I found where the 6-10 Texans gets in involves 8 teams at 6-10 (HOU, BUF, MIA, NYJ, BAL, CLE, PIT, SD). NYJ, MIA, PIT, and BAL all get eliminated in divisional tiebreakers. Houston would then win over BUF, CLE, and SD on conference record. Tennessee and Jacksonville are irrelevant should they get to 6 wins as well, but if Oakland gets to 6, then they'd get the 6 slot, since they can match the Texans with 6-6 AFC record and an H2H win

The 6-10 scenario will probably have a West team in it, so that further muddies the waters. The scenario I found where the 6-10 Texans gets in involves 8 teams at 6-10 (HOU, BUF, MIA, NYJ, BAL, CLE, PIT, SD). NYJ, MIA, PIT, and BAL all get eliminated in divisional tiebreakers. Houston would then win over BUF, CLE, and SD on conference record. Tennessee and Jacksonville are irrelevant should they get to 6 wins as well, but if Oakland gets to 6, then they'd get the 6 slot, since they can match the Texans with 6-6 AFC record and an H2H win

I found one with 7 teams - same as yours without Buffalo

Archived