• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our offense style / scheme is not gonna cut it

Dash Global

We do not have explosive wide receivers to be a downfield passing team this year. I actually appreciated the traditional run game last night keeping us in manageable down and distance. That has to be our formula for success going forward this season in my view. I believe that the game plan we went into last night with on offense was the right one for that situation. Our defense just crapped out on us in the 2nd quarter and then we saw what happens when we are forced to be pass-happy with our lack of wide receiver separation and pass protection.

There's been a lot of blame being doled out today, but the bottom line is that they whipped us.  They were better coached, they executed better, and they just plain made more plays.  They were just better everywhere.  Hell, their water boys were probably delivering colder Gatorade and fresher towels on the sidelines.  They played one of their best games and we played one of our worst.  Time to regroup, beat the hell out of the Jets, and revamp our game plan for the rematch.

BTW I forgot to mention this earlier but we are the most disorganized screen play offense I've ever seen. Like when they throw a screen, I feel almost as helpless as when they come out in wildcat formation

Screen plays are actually pretty demanding on the OL.  Most OL aren't that great of going out and blocking in space downfield and that's exactly what a screen requires.  Amini was actually pretty damn good at it.

BTW I forgot to mention this earlier but we are the most disorganized screen play offense I've ever seen. Like when they throw a screen, I feel almost as helpless as when they come out in wildcat formation

WR screens work better when teams are scared of your vertical attacking ability......

We have below average WR's and RB's outside of Tolbert.

We have a far below average right side of the O line.

We have a better than average TE.

We have a very green/young QB that may or may not ever "shread" defenses.

None of those things lead to the fireworks and explosions that some of you are looking for.

We need some major help at ROT (if Gross comes back for 2 more) and we need G help in the biggest way.  Pair a better O Line with some more talent/speed at RB and this ball control offense is a World Beater.

We have a very green/young QB that may or may not ever "shred" defenses.

I completely disagree. Sure he needs to improve on some things, but he's more than capable of this.

We need better OL play, and receivers who can consistently get separation, and come back to the ball.

I completely disagree. Sure he needs to improve on some things, but he's more than capable of this.

We need better OL play, and receivers who can consistently get separation, and come back to the ball.

That's why I said "may or may not" when talking about shredding O's.

IMO Cam is not the type player to "dismantle" a defense.

Yes, he can make some of the toughest passes any of us can ever see, and in the exact same drive, make you scratch your head and wonder what in the World was going through his head.

He may get to that level, but not many do.  Brees, Manning, and Rodgers are at the top of their game in that regard right now.  Brady and Rivers are just a notch below ATM, Cam is not there yet.  He may get there....and he may not....either way he is a great QB that excels doing things those guys can't.

That's why I said "may or may not" when talking about shredding O's.

IMO Cam is not the type player to "dismantle" a defense.

Yes, he can make some of the toughest passes any of us can ever see, and in the exact same drive, make you scratch your head and wonder what in the World was going through his head.

He may get to that level, but not many do.  Brees, Manning, and Rodgers are at the top of their game in that regard right now.  Brady and Rivers are just a notch below ATM, Cam is not there yet.  He may get there....and he may not....either way he is a great QB that excels doing things those guys can't.

He does make some head scratching throws sometimes. But that's no different than any other young QB at that stage of their career. Hey, even the "elite" QB's currently in the NFL make those throws sometimes. It happens. We are witnessing Cam progress though.

It's still early, Cam has a bright future. One thing he needs though, is a better offense built around him. This upcoming draft is crucial.

I honestly believe some of you only care for this team in game wins only, so you can get all boastful and obnoxious.

I stated it on this site week one, Cam needs solid go to guys. He has none. It's either him or Smitty. There are no consistant RBs, or WRs.

But at the end of the day, you folks have to learn to see football for what it is. This team was on an 8 game winning streak and lost one last night. The thing is, to not let the lost turn into a streak...Another accomplishment the Panthers have to achieve.

Here's how I look at this whole picture: The Seahwarks handed the Saints a beat-down on Monday and Saints handed the Panthers theirs last night. While, the 49 handed the Seahwarks theirs yesterday. What that says to Me is, THE NFC STRONG KICK ASS DIVISION.  

Archived