• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eureka! I figured out what is wrong with Lafell

Evengelion

Why would I compare a decent 2 to arguably the best WR in the game?

Becuase the original post was about hand size being the reason for lafells drops.

Then you said "well, Smith drops balls also"

So I was stating if you would watch 89 in his prime he didnt drop much with marginally smaller hands.

Got it? Glad I could clear that up for ya.

Becuase the original post was about hand size being the reason for lafells drops.

Then you said "well, Smith drops balls also"

So I was stating if you would watch 89 in his prime he didnt drop much with marginally smaller hands.

Got it? Glad I could clear that up for ya.

LaFell's hands haven't been that bad in the NFL

LaFell's hands haven't been that bad in the NFL

Why bother with these guys? I find it funny that some folks will rail against a Panther Player that does everything asked of him. Just because he isn't a #1 they get all upset when he drops a pass. I guess Panther Players are supposed to be perfect on the field like they are in Madden.

You are wasting your time trying to dissuade these kids. They think Madden is as real as it gets.

All you have to do us adjust his player rating and poof, he is a #1.

Smith's a fantastic WR but he had drops from his first real action in 02 on to today.  Things happen.  Receivers aren't perfect and Brandon LaFell isn't what's bringing this offense down.  He's our third best option and he isn't going to need to be perfect. 

I've been watching Lafell for about 4 years now and almost in every game he has a key drop. Then I started asking myself, what is keeping a big 6'2 tall WR with all the measurable, who is been in the same system for 4 years, from achieving consistency. Then, I got this number: 8 3/4. What is this number? That's Lafell's hand size. For a guy his size, his hand size should be around 9 1/2 on the small side for an athlete. What is Dez Bryant's hand size, for example? 9 3/4. Notice the difference in performance? So, what you have here is a big dude with tiny little hands trying to catch a big ass football. In short, the odds are against him from ever becoming a respectable WR. Serviceable? Yes.

Olsen has quite a few drops. What is his hand size. Maybe we should be looking to upgrade him as well.

Crappy thread. Didn't need another thread on this topic. Plenty of space in the other Lafell threads.

Kids. Ya gotta love em'. I think it is a rule, isn't it?

Why bother with these guys? I find it funny that some folks will rail against a Panther Player that does everything asked of him. Just because he isn't a #1 they get all upset when he drops a pass. I guess Panther Players are supposed to be perfect on the field like they are in Madden.

You are wasting your time trying to dissuade these kids. They think Madden is as real as it gets.

All you have to do us adjust his player rating and poof, he is a #1.

What the fug are either of you talking about?

Try reading the posts.

I havent said a word about lafell being a bad reciever, simply stated the size of the hands dont matter.

Jesus.

What the fug are either of you talking about?

Try reading the posts.

I havent said a word about lafell being a bad reciever, simply stated the size of the hands dont matter.

Jesus.

Well...ok then. I was responding the OP. Not you. I was calling out the OP for his inane thread.

CRA started out the same way, then responded to your post about his hands. Oopsy on that one.

The vast majority of Panther fans know Lafell is an integral piece of this team. No, he is not a #1WR, but he does plenty to be a factor for us.

Too many kids, and their ilk, want to get rid of a player that does far more than just drop a few passes.

Well...ok then. I was responding the OP. Not you. I was calling out the OP for his inane thread.

CRA started out the same way, then responded to your post about his hands. Oopsy on that one.

The vast majority of Panther fans know Lafell is an integral piece of this team. No, he is not a #1WR, but he does plenty to be a factor for us.

Too many kids, and their ilk, want to get rid of a player that does far more than just drop a few passes.

The fact you quoted CRA responding to me I assumed you were referring to me and the op.

I do not hold the same opinion as the op. Either way, no biggie, go panthers.

Archived