• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schein Still A Schmuck; Throws Cam Shade/Backhand Compliment

FootballMaestro

First off; Happy Holidays Guys. 

Our Buddy, favorite Panthers Lover, I meant Hater, Adam Schein is at it again. 

In his NFL.com's weekly "stars" article, he first mentions how he once [loudly, I say] proclaimed, The "Panthers were going nowhere with Cam Newton and Ron Rivera"

Then, after conveniently nearly patting himself on the back for that embarrassingly premature prognostication (and even referencing "The Great Carolina Panther Fans" as he called them, while at it), Schein digs deeper, stating at the end of the article:

As for Rivera, he's a Coach of the Year candidate, while Newton is on my short list for Comeback Player of the Year.

Some people just can't let go, and admit when they're wrong. Come Back Player Of The Year Schein??? I know we got some Cam doubters and haters in the National media. But I didn't know some could stoop this low. 

The last that I remember, Cam was voted one of the top 50 players in the NFL last year by his own peers that he plays against. So how does that make him "on the short list for [his] come back player of the year"?? That means, Cam would have had to suck miserably, be replaced, benched, or MIA (due to serious injury, illness, or trouble with the law). Those would be the circumstances, as I see them. Have you noticed the players, and their respective situations/back stories who've won the award over the years?? Well, it wasn't Cam's 2012. I'll tell you that much! Lol

Granted; If you wanna say 'he wasn't as good as his Rookie season (and that's debatable); okay/maybe? But CBPOY??......SMH. Come on Schein. You can't make this stuff up.

Here's the link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000303299/article/bill-belichick-cam-newton-among-stars-of-thrilling-week-16

IMO you may be reading into this too much. I'm not saying that there definitely isn't a little dig in there, but I think you're overreacting to the possible dig.

Reading into what? So how do you take it (what he said)?

Do you think Cam is a CBPOY of the candidate in any context (and on his short list at that)?

That's the only way your statement would have any credence. 

Just cause it was more subtle than usual (for him), and the end of the article; doesn't mean it wasn't' a dig. 

He's just trying to justify his earlier opinions of Cam. Saying comeback player supports his idea that Cam was bad last year. If he doesn't say comeback, then he would have to admit he was wrong and we all know that will never happen. 

Just another example of some poor prognosticator trying to cover his ass. Nothing new here.

I'm still trying to figure out who the fug cared about what this guy writes.

Seriously, it's like people are reading his tripe just to find a reason to moan about him...which is sadder than the crap he writes anyway.

Merry X-Mas Huddle...and lets leave the crap where it belongs...in the gutter.

Not the first time I have read or heard "comeback player of the year" I still don't get it.

Yeah, I've heard that once or twice myself. But it's always from someone who's a known hater, or just plain dumbass (obviously knows nothing about the NFL, The Panthers or Cam). 

But still; do these guys just paint their own reality? Cam was voted one of the top 50 players in the NFL last year, by his own peers.

Now you don't have to agree with his exact rating. But to be CBPOY material, he would either have to be off the list completely, and/or fall below 200+, if the list went that far down, in my opinion.

To each his own, I guess. Shrugs/SMH

I'm still trying to figure out who the fug cared about what this guy writes.

Seriously, it's like people are reading his tripe just to find a reason to moan about him...which is sadder than the crap he writes anyway.

Merry X-Mas Huddle...and lets leave the crap where it belongs...in the gutter.

I was just reading, Cam/Panther articles on NFL.com (myself), and stumbled on his article. Some of us do that you know (especially on a holiday/day off)?

I actually read it yesterday. But decided to post it today, cause I think fans should know how some in the media think and operate, even when they're trying to appear converted or changed. Guys like him are still the same.

It was just an FYI. Now, [make sure, you] don't make it more than what is is,  yourself.  

Happy Holidays. 

First off; Happy Holidays Guys. 

Our Buddy, favorite Panthers Lover, I meant Hater, Adam Schein is at it again. 

In his NFL.com's weekly "stars" article, he first mentions how he once loudly proclaimed, "Panthers were going nowhere with Cam Newton and Ron Rivera".

Then, after nearly patting himself on the back for that embarrassingly premature prediction, Schein digs deeper, stating at the end of the article:

Some people just can't let go, and admit when they're wrong. Come Back Player Of The Year Schein???

I know we got some Cam doubters and haters in the National media. But I didn't know some could stoop this low. 

The last that I remember, Cam was voted one of the top 50 players in the NFL last year by his own peers that he plays against. So how does that make him "on the short list for [his] come back player of the year"?? That means, he would have had to suck miserably, or be MIA. If you wanna say 'he wasn't as good as his Rookie season (and that's debatable); okay/maybe? But CBPOY??......SMH. Come on Schein. 

You can't make this stuff up. Here's the link:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000303299/article/bill-belichick-cam-newton-among-stars-of-thrilling-week-16

I think you're on to something. I wouldn't say it's an outright dig, but there's definitely something going on a subconscious level in Schein's dome regarding Newton, and to a lesser extent Rivera and the Panthers. This certainly looks to me like putting lipstick on a pig. The thing is, is that Schein 's subconscious seems to be driving the stupidity spewing forth from his mouth. Statistically, there was really no great drop-off from his rookie season to last season, and when you look at the way Cam, Rivera and the team finished the last half of last season, you could definitely tell they were possibly onto something. And the grind-the-win-out mentality carried over to this season and naturally culminated into where we are now. When you look at everything in its totality, there has never been a drop-off, only forward progression of all parties involved, Cam arguably being chief among them.

Archived