• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Hall of Fame

NJPanthers12

i am probably going to get destroyed for this but why is sam held in such high regard with this team? he only played, what, 3 of his last career years here? then he coached. i get the whole "heart" thing but statistically, he has been surpassed by many players that are just as deserving of the honor as he. for the organization to not recognize those players is a travesty. i would agree that his might be only statue we have but to not retire other numbers is just dumb. if the very day smitty retires, we do not retire his number, fans should revolt. banging the drum is not nearly a big enough honor for those guys.

the leadership and heart that TD58 shows now... Sam was easily 3 times that. Then stuck around as a coach and demanded that same attitude from every player.

because there's more to life than statistics.

in his few years here he had a bigger impact on this franchise and it's identity than probably any player we've ever had. he, in a sense, forged and personified what it means to be a carolina panther. you fight. you keep pounding. he is the example to everyone that puts on that panther jersey of what they are supposed to be. he set the standard. that is why he has a statue. that is why no one will wear his jersey. he is revered not for his numbers, but for who he was as a man and a player.

i get all of that, i do. i truly believe that steve smith is an will be for many years the face of this organization. his fight, heart and passion are unequaled in team history. reason enough. also, based on what you just said.....thomas davis.

As a pure football player I think Mills is mostly regarded as a Saint.

He is a Panther legend ultimately for what he did as a coach/inspiration. Mills deserve the first spot in our HOF followed by 89. Anything after that can be argued all day

Delhomme is a warrior and his loyalty can never be called into question. Jake deserves to be in the Panther's Hall of Fame.

I think we should hold off on a HOF for at least another 20 years.

Our franchise is so young I think we are eager to bump guys that other franchises wouldn't

If there is one player that personifies what it means to be a panther it's Thomas Davis. that man has given this franchise everything he has ever had and it would be a travesty if he were not remembered for it. If what's his face can get a statue for blocking a punt for the saints then we can give TD a statue for everything he has done for the team and the community. 

I think the halll of fame is just to show respect to great Panthers. The ring of honor is the ultimate honor where I agree it should only be Mills and Smith and hopefully one day Cam and Kuechly. I also hate to say but I don't think Kasay should be in the ring of honor or a statue. I do think he should be honored tho. That is where the HOF would come in. Rucker, Jake, Minter, Moose, etc all deserve some recognition. Just my opinion.

I think the halll of fame is just to show respect to great Panthers. The ring of honor is the ultimate honor where I agree it should only be Mills and Smith and hopefully one day Cam and Kuechly. I also hate to say but I don't think Kasay should be in the ring of honor or a statue. I do think he should be honored tho. That is where the HOF would come in. Rucker, Jake, Minter, Moose, etc all deserve some recognition. Just my opinion.

Take a random organization that isn't the Texans, Panthers or Jags....

Would they have Moose, Minter, Rucker, Delhomme etc in their HOF?

That is why I think we need to hold off another 20 years or so on starting it. They are without a doubt great Panthers....but I think they currently get bumps bc there isn't much else in the conversation

That is why I think we need to hold off another 20 years or so on starting it. They are without a doubt great Panthers....but I think they currently get bumps bc there isn't much else in the conversation

those players were huge cogs of the success of this team. if jake took the texans to the superbowl and other playoff games, yes.

I have to agree with you. The day that smitty and TD retire though, I want their jerseys up there. 

I think we should hold off on a HOF for at least another 20 years.

Our franchise is so young I think we are eager to bump guys that other franchises wouldn't

Exactly,that is the voice of reason. We are still a young franchise and though some really good players names have been mentioned,i feel sure as time goes on there will be others,excluding a select few, that will be their equal or even better. Let's don't be to hasty and cheapen the honor.by adding to many to quickly. 

those players were huge cogs of the success of this team. if jake took the texans to the superbowl and other playoff games, yes.

yes, they were great Panthers.

But like I said, put them and there career (same success) on any none recent expansion teams and they wouldn't be considered.

Our franchise simply has been around long. Everyone we declare great Panthers however doesn't meet the same mold generally applied bc most teams haven't been around so few years. Our bar is low simply bc of how young we are

Archived