• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Muller....

KillerKat

Maybe and it could happen with JR and the Canes. They've done it before, but I don't think it will do any good to bring another coach in with all the issues that this club has talent wise. JR's not going anywhere but he should take a ton of flak for neglecting the teams defensive and overall talent depth prospect wise. Making all those trades and tying up all that money in Skinner, Ward, Staal and Semin looks like a major mistake at this point because they can't effectively build around the little talent they have with those guys taking up so much room. 

The Canes prospect pool is really shallow and lacking in Skilled forwards and good defensive prospects. Honestly, I don't see a major change in the future either because of two factors.

1. The team's capped spending wise on bringing in players via FA or trades.

2. There's no talent in the pipeline to fix the major glaring issues that the team has.

Honestly, they need to really rebuild the team and trade away a few star players to get some room back Spending wise and get some assets back in the pipeline. Idk who would be the best candidate for trading would be, but it would likely be Skinner that would tab the highest return. There's a ton of issues with this team and for them to be fixed some of the cap needs to go. As much as I like him, Ward needs to be one of those guys. "Though it would probably be next to impossible to trade his contract at this point." 

I don't think he will get fired midseason but if we don't make the playoffs then he will get get canned.

Just my opinion but I think we should hire Dougie Weight from the Islanders. He is familiar with Eric Staal, Cam Ward and the organization and I think we would benefit from his recent experience and success with the Canes.

Only untouchables in my opinion are Faulk and Skinner...

Our leaders aren't playing up to par and it's cost us multiple seasons of hockey.

I'd also like to keep Murphy and Lindholm, they have a ton of upside. This team doesn't have the talent or determination to make this group work and it needs to be blown up and reworked. 

A new coach, new core, new everything. Start a youth movement. 

Guys must read the board...

Scored 4 goals in the third and won it in OT after trailing 3-0.

I turned it on right before the Canes made it 3-1.  I blew my nose and it was 4-4.  The Subban goal was just a laser shot, Ward had no chance.  Didn't see the other ones.

Archived