• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Origin of Peter King's hate on Cam

Evengelion

Interesting that King said "not surprising". Sounds to me like he already had an issue with Cam before getting stiffed. The real question is what King said prior to that day to piss Cam off and refuse the interview. I have a feeling that King was negative about Cam prior to the draft. Then Cam rightfully lifted his middle digit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Interesting that King said "not surprising". Sounds to me like he already had an issue with Cam before getting stiffed. The real question is what King said prior to that day to piss Cam off and refuse the interview. I have a feeling that King was negative about Cam prior to the draft. Then Cam rightfully lifted his middle digit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

King was the originator of the "entertainer and icon" comments right before the Combine - Cam and basically everyone around him felt that King had taken Cam's comments more or less out of context to make it seem like he didn't take football seriously, which wasn't what Cam meant.   Cam was asked about his ENDORSEMENT DEAL, but of course King didn't mention that.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/40144506368176128

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Cam-Newton-explains-icon-entertainer-comments-at-NFL-Combine-022611 if you want to read up more on Cam talking about it at the Combine.

When I first heard it was I was really worried, but how Cam handled the aftermath was kind of a glimpse into how mature he actually is, and I'm glad we picked him despite Peter King's tweet.

Can understand why he was mad, especially if he was assured of an interview. I don't know why Peter King would fly down from New York to Spartanburg for Cam (who else was the national media covering in Panthers training camp in 2011?) if he wasn't promised a sitdown. Still though, guy needs to let it go.

Why? Because he's Peter King (in that Grey Poupon Chafferer voice). Lol

He just thought/knew he'd get the interview it appears. And he didn't!

That's all (folks). Bugs Bunny style. 

As it's been stated, Cam was doing very few interviews during his Rookie season (especially during training camp). And King thought he would/could be one of them, and obviously weren't. 

That fact that we keep making threads about him means........the he wins.

Let it go people

Actually, he didn't win. The fans did because they now understand how the media indoctrinate them into believe something that never existed. The fans who read this thread are now better informed. Even if it's just one of them. Me, personally, I never really cared about all those mumbo jumbo, just straight up football.

Actually, he didn't win. The fans did because they now understand how the media indoctrinate them into believe something that never existed. The fans who read this thread are now better informed. Even if it's just one of them. Me, personally, I never really cared about all those mumbo jumbo, just straight up football.

Must people already knew he was a douche.

But, don't click on his articles and pages...that makes him money

Not a month ago he was absolutely slamming Cam in a game, clearly ignoring everything he had done this season, and demonstrating his lack of remembering the fact Cam beat the PATRIOTS at the end of a game.  Meh.

He'll abandon Cam as soon as Cam makes a single mistake,

Damn if this doesn't apply to many on this forum.

Must people already knew he was a douche.

But, don't click on his articles and pages...that makes him money

I never read any of his articles. But what really irks me the most is how he was on a mission to destroy another person's career and he tries the best he could to do so. That in itself is criminally thinking. He became such a predator. People like that are not just douche, they're indecent human beings. He was probably a bully his entire life.

Haven't read the article because it's old news, but the reason Cam wouldn't talk to King is because King was the guy who did the whole "entertainer and icon" thing around the draft.

Rather than provide any context as to why Newton made the comment, King chose to sensationalize it via Twitter, making Cam look like a diva.

So Cam stiffing him on an interview was entirely appropriate.

I also could have sworn that Newton was not giving any national interviews to anyone until after his Rookie Campaign concluded?

Archived