• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - 49ers Playoff Gameday Thread

Zod

Great season by Panthers all things considered. 

But what cost the Panthers this game, is what we've harped on all year: The offensive line, lack of receivers, and the secondary. 

That's what cost the Panthers the game, especially when you see  they way Bolden alone took the game away from the Panthers, as well as the 49er D against the Panthers O-line (though Shula could have been more inventive there, not expecting to get shut down up the middle of course). 

But no need to cry over spilled milk. Just go out and build a better team Mr. Gettleman, please. 

PS: Kaepernick's still a one read QB. But guess what?..... His receivers get open. Lol

Horrible offense in the 2nd half.  Bad execution.  Bad passing.  Bad play calling.

But please don't let the defense off the hook on this one... NO pressure on Kaepernick after the 1st quarter.  Horrible secondary (perfect recipe for a one-read QB).  Letting Frank Gore have his way with them.

Team loss straight down the line.

Edit: Oh, and HORRIBLE play calling by the offensive coordinator when we were knocking on the door repeatedly in the 1st half.

I agree, for all the smack the defense talked this week about breaking jaws and all, they sure looked soft.....ONE freaking sack, and Kap had all kinds of time to find his receivers. Defense didn't play well at all. BUT......Sometimes you need your offense to pick up the slack....This offense is NOT capable of that...PERIOD

49ers fans who are proud of this "victory" are only fooling themselves. Have a good time getting stomped in Seattle. You were caressed and coddled into the next round. It was obvious from the start that you needed " help" and you got a lot and then some. The fix was in and everybody including Joe Buck and Aikman as well as the viewing public saw it. They called nothing on you guys. It was disgusting an reminds me of the WWF to say the least. You guys suck!!!

Panthers: I'm proud of you. You have to play the refs sometimes and when they've already got commercials showing Kap going to Seattle and the mass media setting these clowns up you already know. Jerry needs to stop trying to take money out of the pockets of refs and trying to stiff players. It shows.

49ers did not win this game. You got coddled into the next round and cry babied the refs who obviously rode in the same plane from Cisco. You guys suck.

Typical response.....

I read all the 'raves' you guys were saying the whole weak...talking sh** up and down about how you guys were going to stomp all over us..

Sure, the 'headbutt' call was BS and should have been called against Boldin...but your team was in OUR REDZONE twice...from within 5 YARDS and got how many points? I guess when yo can't score from that close range, it HAS TO be the REFS Fault!

Let me guess, the 'bad calls' were to blame for that...RIGHT?

Suck it up GIRLS...make all the excuses you want...now, it's time to EAT SOME CROW!

I agree, Shula needs to go. He's NEVER been successful anywhere he's been. He is NOTHING like his father for sure.

Actually, he's a lot like his father...

He call's plays like he's Don Shula with Bob Griese under center, not Mike Shula with Cam Fugging Newton under center.

Great season by Panthers all things considered. 

But what cost the Panthers this game, is what we've harped on all year: The offensive line, lack of receivers, and the secondary. 

That's what cost the Panthers the game, especially when you see  they way Bolden alone took the game away from the Panthers, as well as the 49er D against the Panthers O-line (though Shula could have been more inventive there, not expecting to get shut down up the middle of course). 

But no need to cry over spilled milk. Just go out and build a better team Mr. Gettleman, please. 

ALL your weaknesses get exploited in the playoffs....I think this was inevitable I'm afraid.

Typical response.....

I read all the 'raves' you guys were saying the whole weak...talking sh** up and down about how you guys were going to stomp all over us..

Sure, the 'headbutt' call was BS and should have been called against Boldin...but your team was in OUR REDZONE twice...from within 5 YARDS and got how many points? I guess when yo can't score from that close range, it HAS TO be the REFS Fault!

Suck it up GIRLS...make all the excuses you want...now, it's time to EAT SOME CROW!

I hope Kaepernick gets Theismanned against Seattle.  You think you can come here and demand crow after your fixed game?  Go fug yourself.

Typical response.....

Exactly.

I got slammed here for even suggesting anything other than a Panthers stomping. I know this is a Panthers board and all, but the arrogance here was worse than any teams MB I've ever been to. Seahawks, Packers, Cards, etc all have their homers but for the most part are level headed.

This board though, never seen so many fans so absolutely sure they were gonna wax the Niners.

I was nervous as hell about this game. The goal line stands won this game, plain and simple. Panthers were used to pushing people around up front.

Why in the hell didn't Shula just call for Newton to reach over the goal line? Thought for sure that was going to happen.

But, crow is served. Hot.

Archived