• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio comments

ickmule

Again, I think we're looking at this completely differently and will have to agree to disagree.

I'm not arguing with you about their performances, I'm saying that being a FQB doesn't really rely on that very much.  It's more about what the franchises have invested in them.  RGIII is a good example... you're exactly right he's not going to last, but with the draft picks they gave up, until and unless he does get hurt really bad, they're sticking with him.  Same with all those I listed.

Obviously if the performance falls way off, then the franchise would have to do something, but which of those QBs I've listed has fallen way off?  Eli sucked ass this year... Giants aren't getting rid of him.

Agree that we define it differently. 

My definition is closer to JRs.

A few years?

Pretty sure Dalton and Lweis' contracts are up at the end of this year aren't they? Perfect time to part ways epsecially since Mike Brown is so cheap and wouldn't want to fire Lewis and still have to pay him.

I think Dalton and Lewis are 2 lame ducks going into next year and it won't end well for either.

I hadn't looked, but if that's so then yeah.  I could absolutely see that.

Side Note: On top of being a penny-pincher, Brown is a football moron.  His dad's football smarts definitely didn't get handed down to him.

Agree that we define it differently. 

My definition is closer to JRs.

I hadn't looked, but if that's so then yeah.  I could absolutely see that.

Side Note: On top of being a penny-pincher, Brown is a football moron.

No Zimmer + Lame duck QB and Head Coach + Mike Brown being Mike Brown = Implosion

It's a shame because the Bengals have some really good pieces on that team. More talent on that team than 95% of the league.

No Zimmer + Lame duck QB and Head Coach + Mike Brown being Mike Brown = Implosion

It's a shame because the Bengals have some really good pieces on that team. More talent on that team than 95% of the league.

Although I've never been a big fan of Lewis's tenure there, I do have to give him some credit on one front.  Winning with Mike Brown in charge is some tough sledding, borderline miraculous.

What makes a franchise QB? The owner, GM and coaching staff and his team mates all having the confidence that the guy can get the job done, which is to lead them to the playoffs consistently and win some super bowls. And, note, this is usually done via a nice big long term contract (which is why I added owner and GM to the list). Period.

What makes a franchise QB? The owner, GM and coaching staff and his team mates all having the confidence that the guy can get the job done, which is to lead them to the playoffs consistently and win some super bowls. And, note, this is usually done via a nice big long term contract (which is why I added owner and GM to the list). Period.

If that truely is the definition of a frachise QB then Jake Delhomme was the Panthers first franchise QB. He was under contract with the Panthers that ran through the end of next season.

Franchise QB is such a subjective term though. It's not black or white. Actually, maybe it is black or white in the eyes of some.....

Discuss

****runs for the hills*****

RG3 and Luck were Franchise QBs last year because they made the playoffs. Now Cams not because he didnt win? Guess next year if he does not win a SB that will be the excuse.

Did anyone hear the comments Mile Florio made this morning on WFNZ? I missed it, but hear he made comments about Cam.

I wonder if he felt the same way about Luck during first play off run when he was one and done? Heck I wonder if he feels the same way now that Luck has throw in his two play-offs almost as much Ints as he did all season?

OH yes, we will never hear such statements about Luck by his ass kissers like Florio. They don't want to hurt his image. But they don't have a problem maliciously stumping all over Cam's. Jealousy much!  

I've seen that idiot on TV. He looks like he's simply doing whatever it takes to in fit into the upper echelon of the sports world.

RG3 and Luck were Franchise QBs last year because they made the playoffs. Now Cams not because he didnt win? Guess next year if he does not win a SB that will be the excuse.

Weren't they both one and done last year in the Play-offs? Heck this season, RG suffered the worst Sophomore slump ever but you hear nothing about that. Cam's numbers were about the same as his first season and the Panthers improved by one game, would have been more if the Defense showed up to work during the Sunday games, but folks like Florio had their well scripted talking points ready and wasn't willing to change.

This season Luck stunk up the joint during the play-offs and RG III lost his starting position but one is still seen as a HOFer and the other a Franchised QB.

Only those who need any reason to continue slamming Cam would sink to such a level of simply believing the foolishness these folks are selling.

Just said he is not yet a "franchise QB" in his opinion because he hasn't won yet in the playoffs. Said two things make a franchise QB, how much they are paid and how much they win in the post season.

wonder if he would have thought the same about Payton "elvis" Manning? 99-03 was crickets. 

Archived