• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants letting Nicks walk!

Pantherman

DG will do the right thing. He's obviously in a great position to know whether he's worth a shot or not. The Ginn signing was a good one. As long as they don't expect Nicks to be a #1.

I still think we draft our future #1. Veterans are typically more productive than rookies are in their first year. It would be nice to have a solid vet next to Smitty and Ginn while grooming the future.

I still think we draft our future #1. Veterans are typically more productive than rookies are in their first year. It would be nice to have a solid vet next to Smitty and Ginn while grooming the future.

Agreed, 

1) Acquire one or two professional receivers like Nicks and Golden Tate (or who ever)

2) Draft a stud (can run fast, and/or is strong; can leap and fight/ go get the ball) Rookie WR, and/or TE. 

3) Keep Ginn as 3 or 4 while grooming Brandon Williams, with Smitty in the slot. 

Of course, these things don't have to happen in that order exactly. 

If I was Carolina, I wouldn't pay more than $3mil for Nicks on a one year contract. 

Who knows what happened with the Giants? But maybe Gettleman can convince [if he wants] him to a one year try out to redeem himself, so to speak. 

We'll see?

The guy has had multiple years of great production and is coming off a season where he was banged up, had hardly any production, played on a horrible team whose QB was a INT machine, and you're writing him off? Sounds like you need to take off the Tar Heel hater glasses to me. J-Stew was in a similar situation this season but played even less. I don't think we should be writing him off either.

JStew was not late for meetings, treatment, fined by the team etc. Cannot compare the two.

If he can do a 180 with his attitude, then I think the Panthers should seriously consider him.  He definitely isn't getting big money from us, and the money he does get will be conditioned on passing an interview and then be loaded other caveats throughout the term of the contract.  Personally, I think it would be good to have another veteran guy on the roster, but we already have that in Steve.  If Nicks and Steve can get along, then I say go for it, but you also have to weigh getting a young prospect in the draft that doesn't have the issues as Nicks does.

JStew was not late for meetings, treatment, fined by the team etc. Cannot compare the two.

I think using a Tweet by RapSheet to all of a sudden say that Nicks has a bad attitude is a HUGE mistake.  The guy has never been a problem on that team.  He obviously was frustrated by his situation and doesn't want to be there.  Definitely not the right way to handle it, but let's not all start judging the guy's character because of a 3rd party Tweet. None of us know what was really going on. 

He wanted to get out of that dumpster fire.

This.  Seriously.  Now all of a sudden the guy has an attitude problem.  Until we hear the organization criticizing his attitude then we shouldn't be taking that position either.  We are the last organization that should be siding with a media source about a player having character issues.    Have we not learned that yet?

Archived