• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Trade Deadline Thread

Proudiddy

I think we will trade Ben Gordon for josh smith straight up. Especially if they lose to us tonight. They are desperate to get rid of him and keep the better younger player in Monroe.

We then trade Portland pick along with something else for Evan turner.

Now granted it doesn't fix the shorting problems we have but that is a talented lineup. Josh smith can hit the jumpers that zeller misses.

Kemba

Turner

MKG

Josh smith

Big Al

And the second unit instantly become pretty nice with biyonbo zeller Henderson sessions and tolly

I don't know how I feel about this lineup. But it would definelty be a splash for the new hornets team. Hell we could possible then trade the Detroit pick for a shooter. Or hold on to it and draft a shooter.

Just gotta feeling this will happen.

I don't think Cliff would start that lineup with Kemba at point, Kemba's floor vision and passing is why McRoberts is starting. Smith would come off the bench or the lineup doesn't work, ball movement wise.

Ben Gordon and Det Pick for Gordan Hayward, would you do it?

Yeah I probably would, but that's a $10 million salary discrepancy. They'd have to give up another expensive piece to make it work. And Hendo would likely be moved in that case. Hell, send them Hendo.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n3jlegc

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Mcroberts is starting IMO bc Clifford didn't wanna rush Cody into the league. Get him comfortable. Mcroberts passes good for a big man. But too many people act like he's turkolgu. He doesn't run this offense. He somewhat stabilizes it but not anything special. Kemba is a good point guard. But he doesn't have athletes or shooters to give the ball to.

Hendo shoots isolation fadeaway off balance jumpers on the baseline. Mkg doesn't drive or dribble. He instantly passes the ball up. Mcroberts is a crapshoot at threes. And big al pumps 10 times before he even attempts a shot. Kemba is not the problem. He's a good passing point guard. Just doesn't have the pieces around him.

But as for the lineup. Smith would not come off the bench. That's laughable. Kemba would have playmakers with that squad. But like I said idk if I would want that team.

McRoberts leads the team in assist per minute, he's clearly the best passer on the team. Kemba is a 2 guard in a pg's body.

He means so much to the teams ball movement that MJ dreads him leaving the team. If McRoberts can get the assist then it says something about either Kemba's vision or passing. You can pick which.

Gordon Haywood is a better player than Josh Smith. Gordon has a better all around offensive game where Smith is the better sotblocker rebounder...who will jack up the worst threes.

We need under control..skilled guys if making a trade. Josh Smith is a Paid like a guy who will win you games...ATL got better when he left.

Say no to Josh Smith IMO. Bad contract and you never know what you're getting. 

As to Hayward...he's going to Boston in the offseason. White guy in Boston playing for his beloved college coach? That's going to happen unless the Celtics can land Wiggins/Parker, and still could go down regardless. I'd also HATE trading for an expiring guy unless we know he's going to re-sign. Nothing would be worse than giving up a 1st (even if it is only Portland's) for a 3 month rental. 

Here's to us trading a 1st round pick for Brandon Bass for this "playoff push"

Say no to Josh Smith IMO. Bad contract and you never know what you're getting. 

As to Hayward...he's going to Boston in the offseason. White guy in Boston playing for his beloved college coach? That's going to happen unless the Celtics can land Wiggins/Parker, and still could go down regardless. I'd also HATE trading for an expiring guy unless we know he's going to re-sign. Nothing would be worse than giving up a 1st (even if it is only Portland's) for a 3 month rental. 

Here's to us trading a 1st round pick for Brandon Bass for this "playoff push"

Well he would be a restricted free agent, so there would be some incentive to stay.  But I agree, the logical fit for Hayward would be Boston. 

I still want Afflalo, he could fill many needs for us.  And he is under contract next year for a modest 7.75.  Player option the next season. 

I'm feeling more and more likely that we don't trade any picks though.

I'm hearing that Charlotte is back at the table with Philly and wants both turner and young.

Look for Gordon, piston's pick and possibly Taylor to be part of the mix.

If this went through I'd expect another major move to follow it to bring in a shooter.

Man, I would just to lose the Detroit pick. I just think that we can get a legitimate player with that pick in the draft.

But, assuming if that scenario goes through how are we going to be able to make another move for a shooter? Hendo + Portland's pick?

Archived