• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL considering 15yd penalty for use of "N Word" in games

MichaelNewtonII

Guest Dark Knight

Just this week in a thread about Teddy Bridgewater, Batman was talking about how apparently many black people have an inferiority complex, and before that he was going out of his way to attempt to defend George Zimmerman in a thread about him shamelessly promoting himself in a celebrity boxing match. There are some definite flaws in your views that you need to work on within yourself man.

In said GZ thread you were praising a woman beater.

Ironing out some irony?

I understand the thought, but I don't see the point. You can't deter people from using a word that has now become commonplace. Maybe if you tried this twenty years ago, as well as alongside everyone else in the USA. Heck, I was on the train the other day and I sat next to two black guys in their 20s. They said it 32 times (I counted) between them in eight stops. The word has taken on its own meaning. It may have started as a way to lessen the evil of its longer version, but now means nothing more than "dude" or "guy".

As for the word "cracker" ...

They oppressing the brothas!! Don't want them using a word that belongs to them!! Stupid white man!!

You just won't stop. You brought by Bridgewater thread to the sh!tter with that stuff. I created that thread to chronicle how the media was unfairly covering him but you started bringing that race crap into it.

I think it's a good thing personally. It never should have been commonplace to say it anyway. They are grown ass men playing a child's game. They could at least behave a little professionally and not say nigga.

It would be hard to enforce though. I hope a ref wouldn't throw a flag just by overhearing a conversation. It would have to be during a fight on the field or something.

I think that this is probably as a result of some players using towards officials, probably black officials, and thinking that it's okay.  It's offensive, and I know a lot of people who don't use it, this is a welcome sign.  There is no place for any slurs anywhere in public, so I'm on board with the rule, but it will be worthless unless it encompasses all of the slurs.  Profanity should be okay, but slurs should rightfully be banned.

I know there are some ignorant clowns that think "all of ya'll say it" and will always point to some kids who they heard saying it.  Well, if all of us use it "all of ya'll say it at home" so it has no place in society.  It is becoming more acceptable for people to use this word, especially kids.  It's probably the most used word of all time online and on xbox.  Change needs to start somewhere, and if it's here then so be it.   

Archived