• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Kings near buyout with Jimmer Fredette

PantherKing1983

i hope people understand we are not bottom of the barrel, butt of the jokes in the NBA anymore.. we are not irrelevant

i think if Title contenders (IND, MIA, SAS, OKC, LAC) don't necessarily want or need Jimmer's services, and it came down to Charlotte and say Memphis- i definitely think we'd have a shot. NOW, i dont think we need Jimmer on the squad with Neal and Luke (a backup SF/PF/C would be better, IMO) but maybe they still like him

Would be nice...but it makes little sense for any buyout candidate to come here instead of a contender. Unless they're promised big minutes which they can use as an audition to go elsewhere. 

Except there is no word on any contenders being interested in him.

From what I read on RGM, the Knicks and Nuggets were the only ones rumored so far.

Teams like the Heat would much rather have Granger.

Also we would have better waiver spot if we really wanted to claim him. The Knicks and Nuggets would get the claim if they wanted him , but his 2.3 million dollar salary is not a huge pickup if we would buyout Gordon and go for it for  half a year with him. 

A contender would want to snap him up for like 900 k after he cleared waivers and then he would obviously have a choice in where he went. 

i hope people understand we are not bottom of the barrel, butt of the jokes in the NBA anymore.. we are not irrelevant

we are and will be until the bobcats have sustained success. One season does not a good team make.  The bobcats are not even at .500.  slow your roll.

we are and will be until the bobcats have sustained success. One season does not a good team make.  The bobcats are not even at .500.  slow your roll.

i acknowledge your statement as the official troll of this board, but will not slow my roll OR stop sharing my optimistic point of view

im not making us out to be world beaters or the hottest team in the NBA right now- just that we are having successful 4 game win streak and a probable 5th-7th seed in the playoffs. it's not an NBA title.. but irrelevant, hardly..

i acknowledge your statement as the official troll of this board, but will not slow my roll OR stop sharing my optimistic point of view

ERMAHGERD, someone disagreed with me, he must be a troll.  Seriously,  Bobcats have alot to prove before anyone including players in the league will consider them a good team.  And until they do, no one will want to play here for anything other than a ton of money.  Bobcats are at least a year or two of playing good basketball before they can be consider a good baskteball franchise.  Its not a troll, its being realistic.  Blind Optimism isnt realistic.

ERMAHGERD, someone disagreed with me, he must be a troll.  Seriously,  Bobcats have alot to prove before anyone including players in the league will consider them a good team.  And until they do, no one will want to play here for anything other than a ton of money.  Bobcats are at least a year or two of playing good basketball before they can be consider a good baskteball franchise.  Its not a troll, its being realistic.  Blind Optimism isnt realistic.

dude, c'mon.. my response wasnt based off of only one comment you made.. it's based off your history in here

whatever though, i don't care..

I said "we are not bottom of the barrel, butt of the jokes in the NBA anymore.. we are not irrelevant" and you said "we are until we have sustained success"

i disagree with your statement.. we are no longer jokes based solely off this year.. to become a "good basketball franchise" that free agents flock to and want to play for - i 100% agree we need more success, but as of right now- we aren't getting blown out by 20-30 points and chucking up an awesome 29.5 FG%..

lemme just put it this way- You and I and whoever don't have to feel ashamed when we say "I'm a Bobcats fan"

Screw Jimmer...

I want Melo this summer

If we could convince him he could actually win a ship here. Chicago would probably be more appealing to him but I cant see him staying with the Knicks no matter what he says. Knicks are just a dumpster fire. Melo could make a buck next season and the Knicks still wouldn't have any money to sign anyone.

Archived