• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dontae Johnson

unicar15

As a State fan I saw this guy a decent amount. He was at his best and IMO was overshadowed by Amerson 2 years ago. Had a little fall off this year but I think that was more a product of the team turnover. He's 6'2" 200lbs and ran a 4.43.

This draft is DEEP at DB. This guy might be a 3rd-4th round pick bc all of these DBs are killing it. IMO he'd be a great pickup around that area.

• 1 month later...

If we miss out on fuller in the 1st for whatever reason, this is a guy I dial up later. He could be a really great fs in time and could be the #3cb today. He is not going to match up well with the speedsters at wr or the elite wrs but he should be able to come in and hold his own in certain 3cb packages. I could see round 3 and be ok because of the measurables but at this point it appears he is more a 4th guy.

If we miss out on fuller in the 1st for whatever reason, this is a guy I dial up later. He could be a really great fs in time and could be the #3cb today. He is not going to match up well with the speedsters at wr or the elite wrs but he should be able to come in and hold his own in certain 3cb packages. I could see round 3 and be ok because of the measurables but at this point it appears he is more a 4th guy.

I went to State and really am a fan but I see him as a 5th rounder max.  I am not a draft guru but I really think there will be other talent in the 3rd and 4th that will decrease his value.  Not saying he should not be on an NFL roster.  Just saying I think the 3rd or the 4th is a bit early for me. 

That said watch him go in the 1st now....

Archived