• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy up next on first take

there's really not "much" trolling. It's one guy, and for some unknown reason, people here can't help themselves but engage with this clown who (for whatever reason), is seeking the attention of 30-55 year old men on an internet forum.

Listen to yourself. Keuchly must be so personal to you guys. So, sad. Pretty pathetic. There's life outside panther land, you know. There is a world where a starting LT like Trent Williams(top rated LT, that's why I mentioned him. Don't get paranoid) is more valuable that a MLB thus get paid more. Get a hold on yourself. Games are won by QBs, LTs, DEs, DTs, WRs, and CBs. In that order. MLBs are probably at the bottom when it comes to importance. I'm not slighting Keuchly at all. Just the importance of the different positions. There is a reason they call them LBs, they clean out what the DL misses. They're the scavengers of the football field. They also rarely make solo tackles. Their pay scale reflect their value to the team.

AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2013)

Pro Bowl (2013)

AP First-Team All-Pro (2013)

AP NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year (2012)

NFC Defensive Player of the Year (2013)

PFW/PFWA Defensive Rookie of the Year (2012)

NFL Combined Tackles Leader (2012)

PFW/PFWA All-Rookie Team (2012)

USA Today All-Joe Team (2012)

NFC Defensive Rookie of the Month (December, 2012)

3× NFC Defensive Player of the Week (Week 14, 2012, Week 10, 2013, Week 16, 2013)

NFL single game tackle record (24)

We all know he got screwed out of a pro bowl spot as a rookie considering he lead the league in tackles. And he is only 22 years old. You can keep trying there bud, but Kuechly and [insert LT here] is a better combination than Beason and whatever mediocre Tackle we would have gotten in the draft that year.

No offense, but those awards are normally subjective. A lot of them are given for marketing and image purpose. They could give those awards to the kicker and there is nothing anyone could do about that :D . I call them the figure skating award. Again, I wasn't slighting Keuchly at all. Just presenting a different scenario. You can either like it or refute it.

I'm sure posters here poo on other players on this team like Hardy incessantly but since he's viewed as just a piece of the puzzle rather than a person it's all gravy here. Keuchly, apparently, is more than just a piece of the puzzle to this fan base. For some reason he represent more than that? For me, he's just a piece of the puzzle. If cleveland called and asked to trade their  two 1st rounders for Keuchly I'd hope we take it run and pickup either Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews. With the rest of the picks I'd wiggle my way into getting Mike Evans. Cleveland is not that dumb I guess.

No offense, but those awards are normally subjective. A lot of them are given for marketing and image purpose. They could give those awards to the kicker and there is nothing anyone could do about that :D . I call them the figure skating award. Again, I wasn't slighting Keuchly at all. Just presenting a different scenario. You can either like it or refute it.

I'm sure posters here poo on other players on this team like Hardy incessantly but since he's viewed as just a piece of the puzzle rather than a person it's all gravy here. Keuchly, apparently, is more than just a piece of the puzzle to this fan base. For some reason he represent more than that? For me, he's just a piece of the puzzle. If cleveland called and asked to trade their  two 1st rounders for Keuchly I'd hope we take it run and pickup either Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews. With the rest of the picks I'd wiggle my way into getting Mike Evans. Cleveland is not that dumb I guess.

You under value Luke's contributions, but you expect Clev. to offer 2 1st for him? Good work when you can find it.

Luke has earned every accolade he has received. He has quickly become one of the best Defensive players in the game. He is a true MLB who also happens to be the unquestioned field general of our top 2 defense. Players like Keek are a rare breed, and you generally don't let those type of players go.

But for 2 1st rounderz? That would be a tough decision.

Listen to yourself. Keuchly must be so personal to you guys. So, sad. Pretty pathetic. There's life outside panther land, you know. There is a world where a starting LT like Trent Williams(top rated LT, that's why I mentioned him. Don't get paranoid) is more valuable that a MLB thus get paid more. Get a hold on yourself. Games are won by QBs, LTs, DEs, DTs, WRs, and CBs. In that order. MLBs are probably at the bottom when it comes to importance. I'm not slighting Keuchly at all. Just the importance of the different positions. There is a reason they call them LBs, they clean out what the DL misses. They're the scavengers of the football field. They also rarely make solo tackles. Their pay scale reflect their value to the team.

You are ridiculous. All positions are equally valuable and it's up to a team to decide which are most important to get the most talented players for their schemes and to build around. Kuechly is absurdly important to us in both the run game and the passing game. He's to LB's what Brady, Manning, etc. are to QB's and there's no fugging way we give up  that kind of talent. How about Ray Lewis, was he unimportant to the Ravens' Super Bowl wins and defensive successes over the past decade or so? How about LT, was he unimportant? God, you may be the stupidest football fan I've ever seen.

I'm sure posters here poo on other players on this team like Hardy incessantly but since he's viewed as just a piece of the puzzle rather than a person it's all gravy here. Keuchly, apparently, is more than just a piece of the puzzle to this fan base. For some reason he represent more than that? For me, he's just a piece of the puzzle. If cleveland called and asked to trade their two 1st rounders for Keuchly I'd hope we take it run and pickup either Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews. With the rest of the picks I'd wiggle my way into getting Mike Evans. Cleveland is not that dumb I guess.

But you can't say Kuechly's awards are subjective and then refer to Beason as a "3x pro bowler" like it's a major big deal. It has to go both ways.

You under value Luke's contributions, but you expect Clev. to offer 2 1st for him? Good work when you can find it.

Luke has earned every accolade he has received. He has quickly become one of the best Defensive players in the game. He is a true MLB who also happens to be the unquestioned field general of our top 2 defense. Players like Keek are a rare breed, and you generally don't let those type of players go.

But for 2 1st rounderz? That would be a tough decision.

As per the bold statement, completely wasn't my intention. But in this league you build your team around your QB and LT. If Cam weren't mobile what I'm talking about would make more sense to this fan-base.

Hell I would take 1st and 2nd this year and maybe squeeze out a third next.

If we could get in the top 5 or 10 we would definitely have a chance to land a OT, WR and CB within the first 40 picks or so.

That would give us a top 5, 28, 35ish, and 60. 4 picks in the top 60. I could live with that.

As per the bold statement, completely wasn't my intention. But in this league you build your team around your QB and LT. If Cam weren't mobile what I'm talking about would make more sense to this fan-base.

On Offense, you got it right. You just have to do the same for the Defense. DE and MLB are your cornerstone. With CJ, Hardy, and Keek we are set on D. But with no LT, we are short on O. Reload at LT and we should be okay. Miss on LT, and we could be shaky.

I really do expect us to grab a LT at 28, then go for skill position players the rest of the picks. CBs, WRs, playmakers. But hey, what do I know?

Archived