• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hakeem Nicks: "I can see myself catching passes from Cam Newton" (among others)

Gabeking

What makes a long term deal out of the question? With the cap going up considerably In the next few years and the shitty Hurney contracts finally starting to come off the books in the next few years....why can't we sign him to say a 4 or 5 year deal with more of the money coming in the 3rd and 4th years, or something like that? I think he really wants to come here, and the more I see I think it's a real possibility.

Well a long term deal doesn't always mean big money. The best deal I see us giving him and offering it to him. Would be 4-5 yr 30 million 15 mill gtd. with a 3 million signing bonus. Spread out of the 4-5 seasons of course. Back loading a lot that money in yr 3 and 4 when we get Jstewart and Dwill contracts off the books and the cap raises as well. That would be best deal we could give him. Any money bigger then that he can walk for all I care.

he's doing a lot more to market himself now than he did last year on the field. 

it won't work. he'll have to settle for a much smaller multiyear deal than he wants or a one year deal to prove he can do more than talk.

that said, i'd like us to take a shot on him, but only if he takes a cap friendly contract which i think he'll be forced to unless some dumb team bites at the start if FA.

I don't see anyone giving him a long-term deal with the talent pool in the draft. Just not gonna happen if he wants to go to a smart, well-run team.

very true. this draft class is going to be murder on FA WRs value.   

very true. this draft class is going to be murder on FA WRs value.   

That's why I say Nicks will probably take a 4-5 yr deal around 30 mill 15-18 gtd and a 3-4 mill sign bonus. Then keep Smith and put him in the slot. Draft 2 WRs in the first 3 rounds of the draft and boom we are set at WR. All we have to do is take care of the the oline and our offense would be good to go. It would help us even more if DG and Hardy/Agent would get a long term deal done and free up some cap space for us. It would more easy on us.

That's why I say Nicks will probably take a 4-5 yr deal around 30 mill 15-18 gtd and a 3-4 mill sign bonus. Then keep Smith and put him in the slot. Draft 2 WRs in the first 3 rounds of the draft and boom we are set at WR. All we have to do is take care of the the oline and our offense would be good to go. It would help us even more if DG and Hardy/Agent would get a long term deal done and free up some cap space for us. It would more easy on us.

i would love this. doesn't have to be nicks, btw. could be any of the better WRs in FA this year.

i would love this. doesn't have to be nicks, btw. could be any of the better WRs in FA this year.

Yea I know. But I feel Nicks would be a good fit for this team so long as he can stay healthy. But hopefully we make some kind of move on him between now and Tuesday. But if not then I guess we will move on I guess.

"Seeing" and actually "doing" is the big thing here.

Hakeem has never had a QB with a laser-arm, so I'm skeptical of any WR until I see some on-field workouts with Cam doing the throwing and the WR actually catching the ball.

Wake me up when we get some on-field workouts with Cam and I'll get excited about possibly signing some receivers.

I don't see anyone giving him a long-term deal with the talent pool in the draft. Just not gonna happen if he wants to go to a smart, well-run team.

oh a team absolutely would but it most likely wouldnt be any Of those 3 teams. The Jets, Skins, & Raiders are 3 that could make tht long term offer

Archived