• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Interested in Kenny Britt

Catalyst

If we could get him at the right price I would be all for it and gamble that he has cleaned up his troubled personal life.

Personal life

On April 12, 2011 Britt was arrested in New Jersey on three counts (including a felony) following an alleged car chase with police. The charges were later reduced.[8] On June 7, Britt pled guilty to careless driving and was fined.[9] On June 8, 2012, Britt was arrested in Hoboken, NJ, charged with resisting arrest.[10] On January 13, 2013, Britt's close personal friend was involved in a stabbing and Britt reportedly drove him to the Jersey City Medical Center. When police attempted to ask Britt about the incident, he was allegedly not willing to cooperate. The incident marks the ninth time Britt was involved with police since he joined the NFL.[11]

He wasn't asked to restructure apparently. Who knows if he was asked to take a pay cut. He was on record saying he wouldn't.

Britt drove drunk a couple times but was never a vocal leader or anything. It's not the same thing. The throwing punches thing was years and years ago and should never have been brought up in the discussion now

I think Gettleman mainly wanted to send a message. Just bungled it unfortunately.

I agree about the punching, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

At this point I don't much care who we bring in. Just get Cam some help.

Guest Dark Knight

-K Britt

-K Benjamin

-J Cotchery

-M Mcnutt

-T King

From a talent standpoint that would be an upgrade over last season.

I think Gettleman mainly wanted to send a message. Just bungled it unfortunately.

I agree about the punching, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

At this point I don't much care who we bring in. Just get Cam some help.

What message?

That this is Cam's team now?

Guest Dark Knight

45]

@DeionSanders

Panthers lost their minds as well allowing Steve Smith to leave. He was the attitude of the offense & was the ONLY dependable rec they had.

Sanders is one of the biggest morons & losers alive today. Not sure why he's always barking about others.

Guest Dark Knight

What message?

That paying $22mil to a 36-37 yo 5'9 WR isn't smart or in the best interests of a franchise.

What message?

No, him and Steve didn't particularly get along apparently. The way the whole thing played out seemed a little too personal. Not to mention the fact that the only FA of relevance that we've been able to convince to sign here since then was Roman Harper of all people.

Archived