• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Someone Explain Why Gettleman Loves Voidable Years to Me?

Stroupe-a-loop

So. . . It spreads out the bonus money? And then after we "cut" them after two years instead of letting the deal expires, it moves some of the cap hit into future years? Is that it because it still seems like a lot of trouble for not that much gain.

I'd say it's because the players are kinda old.

Spreads the cap hits.

After the contract voids, the player hits FA and the remaining bonus money is accelerated into next years cap.

I'm assuming he's doing this to push whatever money will be owed into future years where our cap space will be substantially larger.

I dunno really, heres an article about voidable contracts that may explain things better. http://www.get2theleague.com/voidable-years-real/

right now, it's either spread out the signing bonus, or don't sign them.  I'll take option 1.

Spreads the cap hits.

After the contract voids, the player hits FA and the remaining bonus money is accelerated into next years cap.

I'm assuming he's doing this to push whatever money will be owed into future years where our cap space will be substantially larger.

I dunno really, heres an article about voidable contracts that may explain things better. http://www.get2theleague.com/voidable-years-real/

If you don't get it after these two post you won't.

Guest Dark Knight

Best thing to happen in the state of North Carolina concerning the NFL:

1) Jerry Richardson

2) Dave Gettleman

3) Cam Newton

The man knows how to find talent and he knows how to work the cap. He's gonna build a special team sound his QB. People have no patience.

All the idiots who say he's sabotaging Cam need to die. Cam is the biggest reason he accepted this job. Without Cam I highly doubt he walks into this mess. He knows what he has.

Best thing to happen in the state of North Carolina concerning the NFL:

1) Jerry Richardson

2) Dave Gettleman

3) Cam Newton

The man knows how to find talent and he knows how to work the cap. He's gonna build a special team sound his QB. People have no patience.

All the idiots who say he's sabotaging Cam need to die. Cam is the biggest reason he accepted this job. Without Cam I highly doubt he walks into this mess. He knows what he has.

People are going to bitch regardless.

"Whaaaa whaaaaa whaaaa he cut STEVE SMITH!!!!!"

No offense, but this post is no better than the troll posts you are calling out.

There has been plenty of silliness from both sides.

We're all fans.

HE DIDNT SIGN Ware, DRC, Revis, Decker, Nicks, Collins, and Tate!!!!! Wtf?!? And he didnt even get us 4 more first round picks so we can take Watkins!!!

Lets fire him guyzzz!!!!!

Archived