• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beer recommendation thread

8 0 5

I thought since we had a thread discussing the watered down piss that is bud light, we could discuss some good beers.

I'm into IPA's. I really like Firestone, Stone, Sierra Nevada Torpedo, and most local Californian IPA's.

What are you into? What do you recommend?

If we're talking West Coast beer that we actually have in NC, Ballast Point's Sculpin and Big Eye are good and I also like Green Flash's IPAs.  They are expensive here though.  Sculpin will run you close to $17 a six pack.  I'm a big fan of Terrapin (Athens GA) and Great Divide (Denver CO).  I just love good beer.  Too many to choose from.  I'm drinking Great Divide's Rumble right now.  It's an Oak aged IPA 7.1%.  Beer advocate is like my 2nd favorite site after the huddle.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/158/60832/

If we're talking West Coast beer that we actually have in NC, Ballast Point's Sculpin and Big Eye are good and I also like Green Flash's IPAs. They are expensive here though. Sculpin will run you close to $17 a six pack. I'm a big fan of Terrapin (Athens GA) and Great Divide (Denver CO). I just love good beer. Too many to choose from. I'm drinking Great Divide's Rumble right now. It's an Oak aged IPA 7.1%. Beer advocate is like my 2nd favorite site after the huddle.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/158/60832/

I think the OP actually lives in California.

Hop Drop N Roll is the best west coast style IPA I've found here in NC. It's just as good, if not better, than anything you'll find from the west coast.

I agree on Great Divide. They make some remarkable stuff.

Archived