• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodson got a ton of work in yesterday...

Zod

since we usu only carry two rbs (not counting hoover/and fiammata or however you sp it) on gameday does this mean we'll only carry 4 wrs and 2 TEs?

BASICALLY, i get the feeling someone who we're not expecting is going to be deactivated on game day that usu wouldn't be. any guesses?

since we usu only carry two rbs (not counting hoover/and fiammata or however you sp it) on gameday does this mean we'll only carry 4 wrs and 2 TEs?

BASICALLY, i get the feeling someone who we're not expecting is going to be deactivated on game day that usu wouldn't be. any guesses?

Most of the time they activated 3 RB's not including Hoover on game day. Goings played special teams. Williams, Stewart, Goings. So I don't think there'll be a problem on game day unless they want to activate 2 FB's. That would be unusual.

GRWatcher, spot on. I totally forgot about Goings... shame, seems to be the story of his career. You answered by question.

The extra FB situation deserves its own thread (but my opinion is we carry one less TE on gameday).

Goodson, with his apparent ability to play running back, receiver and return man, is a blessing in disguise when it comes to roster spots. Activate him on game day, and he can fill all of the aforementioned positions.

If he lives up to the hype, I think he's going to take a receiver's spot. Sadly, I think Carter doesn't make the squad, and you can probably forget about Moore, Beavers et al. There will be several talented players on the offensive side of the ball that won't be able to make the squad this year.

I wonder if Lee could impress enough to take the third running back spot, leaving Goodson as fourth (or fifth) receiver/return man? That would leave us with the following receivers: Smith, Muhammad, Jarrett, Robinson, Goodson.

Archived