• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5 year running most accurate mocker posts his draft

SgtJoo

That is one of the dumbest reasons why KB's speed won't be an issue that I have ever seen.

Compare him to your QB's speed?  LOL

KB must use his speed to get separation in his route running....not about whether he gets run down once he gets going.

Cam is not your average QB when comparing athleticism. My point wasn't that KB should be as fast as a QB. My point was that Cam runs away from defensive players all the time when carrying the ball, including DBs. And KB's 40 time is very similar to Cam's.

So, would it still be a "dumb" comparison if he ran the same 40 time as RG3 or Vick or Colin? Fast is fast, doesn't matter what position you play. And for the record, speed is not the only factor that allows a WR to get separation.

Proehl needs to sit KB in a room for the next 3 months just watching tape of Tony Gonzalez using his size to constantly get away with subtly pushing off of everyone.

If your a big guy and it's a little tougher to get separation on your routes, then that's the way to do it.

Cam is not your average QB when comparing athleticism. My point wasn't that KB should be as fast as a QB. My point was that Cam runs away from defensive players all the time when carrying the ball, including DBs. And KB's 40 time is very similar to Cam's.

So, would it still be a "dumb" comparison if he ran the same 40 time as RG3 or Vick or Colin? Fast is fast, doesn't matter what position you play. And for the record, speed is not the only factor that allows a WR to get separation.

once guys with the long stride get going it's very hard to catch them. 

once guys with the long stride get going it's very hard to catch them. 

That's true. A 40 yard dash is more of a measurement of acceleration than top end speed. Smaller guys will have a faster 40 time, but not always a faster 100 meter dash.

Usain Bolt almost never wins from the start of a race. But win he hits his top speed, he glides by everyone.

An argument can be made that acceleration is more important, but like I said earlier, speed isn't the only way to get open. Route running, physicality, and just plain setting a guy up over the course of the game, goes a long way in getting open at WR. Speed alone won't work against a physical corner who can take away that attribute at the line of scrimmage.

Archived