• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 World Cup

Ja  Rhule

Its more coming out of the back that I'm talking about verse the attacking third that I'm talking about. I played for fifteen years. A lot like jozy unfortunately relied to much on natural ability instead of hustle most of the time. Unfortunately its easy to get lazy when you aren't getting the ball. One of the limited times jozy put forth some effort was key in scoring a goal.

Its more coming out of the back that I'm talking about verse the attacking third that I'm talking about. I played for fifteen years. A lot like jozy unfortunately relied to much on natural ability instead of hustle most of the time. Unfortunately its easy to get lazy when you aren't getting the ball. One of the limited times jozy put forth some effort was key in scoring a goal.

Don't get me started on Altidore.

He's a one-dimensional player that is lazy and relies to much on his skill and big body instead of hustle.

I really like the combo of Dempsey, Wondo, and Johannsson.

Brazil? Lol. Way to go out on a limb there.

They have only lost at home in International matches since you were born. No loss since 1975. Thats insane.

The only darkhorse will get to 4th place.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Why go out on a limb? I actually think they're UNDER-rated. I feel like a lot more people should be picking them then there are.

One of the biggest issues with Altidore is his style of play and what is expected of him. He is truly a poacher at heart. He needs quality supply on a consistent basis to be effective. He's not going to be a guy who can consistently make something out of nothing. In that sense, I think he is often misused. Right now, our movement off the ball in open play in the last third is shaky at best.

Why go out on a limb? I actually think they're UNDER-rated. I feel like a lot more people should be picking them then there are.

Espn gives them 99% to advance. They havent lost at home man in almost 40 yrs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Sat down and really examined the replay this morning a little more. Tactically, we are nowhere near competition ready. I'm not sure why Klinsmann insists upon playing Bradley at CAM when he's lightyears better as a CDM.

Also- our movement off the ball in the last third is worse than I thought. We have players occupying the same space like 75% of the time. Our passes are lazy. We look like we are hoping the ball gets there instead of knowing the ball will get there. Those sort of wishful passes will get you absolutely nowhere other than running backwards as the likes of Germany and Portugal counter-attack.

One good thing is I don't think we are going to get any worse. We have some good tape on how to get players communicating on their runs. Klinsmann needs to make sure we work on our attack. We were hardly threatening.

Turkey will be a better test for us, they are ranked 39th in the world (one behind Ghana) and boast players from Turkish clubs such as Besiktas, Fenerbahce, and Galatasaray.

Arda Turan from Atletico also plays for the Turkish National Team.

I'm interested to see if Turan plays. He's been nursing an injury for some time.

Turkey also has Nuri Sahin, who is a terrific holding mid. They also have a quality striker in Burak Yilmaz. Dude lights it up for Galatasaray.

I decided to see how the groups stack up based on FIFA rankings, and here's what I came up with.

Most difficult to least difficult

Group G (Germany, Portugal, USA, Ghana)

Group D (Uruguay, Italy, England, Costa Rica)

Group E (Switzerland, France, Ecuador, Honduras)

Group C (Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan)

Group B (Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia)

Group A (Brazil, Mexico, Croatia, Cameroon)

Group H (Belgium, Russia, Algeria, Korea Republic)

Group F (Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria)

We'll also get a good test against Nigeria.

I wish I could go to the game, I'd like to see John Obi Mikel (he's a much better international player than he is club player) and Ahmed Musa who is a great goal scorer for CSKA.

The young Victor Moses from Liverpool also plays for Nigeria.

Nigeria actually has some great attackers, it will really tell us about our back line.

I love Soccer. I love team USA. I just don't have much excitement for them this year. We don't have any big names in good form. Dempsey was at his pinnacle in like 2011-2012. Donovan doesn't even make the squad. On paper I feel like this team is the worst we've fielded since 1998. It's funny because I hear so much positivity in the media and I can't help but think they are trying to generate interest in the dog days of Summer.

Archived