• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Uniform Sneak Peek

SgtJoo

I have an educated guess, simply based off what we know. These leaked templates, the Buzz City logo has been pushed extremely hard around the city, MJ seems to like purple over teal, pinstripes are back (blue/black colors are exclusively pinstripes), & they announced yesterday that they will wear the original throwbacks at some point.

Home-

'Hornets' White; purple/blue/black pinstripes

Away- '

Hornets' Purple; teal/blue/black pinstripes

Alt-

'Buzz City' Purple/Teal; unique design, no pinstripes

Throwbacks-

Original Charlotte Hornets Uniforms (5)

When they said the new uniforms were going to resemble the originals only updated I was hoping that meant they would say Charlotte and be white/teal. But since they're gonna have throwbacks it makes sense to switch it up with "Hornets" across the chest and use purple as the alternate. While they will still resemble the originals they will be modern and unique, giving a nice contrast against the throwbacks, making those even cooler for special occasions. Think about it, if they stuck with the originals and just did very minor tweaking it would diminish the throwbacks.

Uniform lineup-

Away-

Primary purple road uniform. Unique "Buzz City" alternate for 4-5 select road games; holidays, marquee games, etc.

Home-

White primary home uniform. Original Charlotte uniforms on 4-5 "Throwback Nights". Wear the original throwbacks and honor the original Hornets, bring in guys like Muggsy, Gill, LJ, Mourning, Rice, etc. Not sure if feasible, but would be insane to also have an original court made up for these nights.

Just my .02

Home-

'Hornets' White; purple/blue/black pinstripes

Away- '

Hornets' Purple; teal/blue/black pinstripes

Alt-

'Buzz City' Teal; unique design, no pinstripes

Road games-

Purple uniforms standard. Buzz City alternate for 4-5 special games (holidays, at New Orleans, etc).

Home games-

White uniforms standard. Original Charlotte uniforms at 4-5 "Throwback Nights"honoring the original Hornets. Bring in guys like Muggsy, LJ, Zo, Gill, Rice, etc. Not sure if feasible, but would be sick to have that mid 90s court made up to use for these games.

I'm sure the uniforms are going to look stellar, and I understand they're trying to push the whole 'Hornets' thing, but they should've featured a 'Charlotte' away jersey. Just makes the most sense.

The original jerseys had 'Charlotte' on the Home and Away jerseys. Back then they wanted to push 'Charlotte', since Charlotte was a relatively unknown city. The Hornets out Charlotte on the map.

I could see them throwing in the old Charlotte uniforms on throwback night, but overall no complaints here, I can't wait to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I really can't believe people are bitching about the Jersey not being completely the same as the ones used 20 years ago. Lol

The name, mascot, colors and records came back. STFU already with the complaining about everything not being completely the same. Geez

As for the sneak peak itself, looks good. I like the lettering and it saying Hornets is fine with me.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived