• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#9 and #24 Enough To Move Into The Top 3?

chknwing

I'd honestly rather trade back from 9 to the middle of the 1st.

Just a random example, but trade #9 to move back to 15 or so and pick up a solid role player or future pick in the process. I'd feel a lot better grabbing Lavine/PJ/Hood at 15, then I would getting McDerm or Harris at 9.

That would be stupid. He's extremely undersized & was way over hyped at Kentucky. He wasn't nearly as good as people thought he would be.

Neither was Wiggins. Yeah, he's a freak athlete but he has almost no actual basketball skillset.

i think he's going to average about 15 10 his rookie year watch. i think hes going to be the next zach randolph or better. Hes a beast and very physical and strong, reminds me of z bo a lot.

i think he's going to average about 15 10 his rookie year watch. i think hes going to be the next zach randolph or better. Hes a beast and very physical and strong, reminds me of z bo a lot.

There have literally been hundreds of physical, undersized PFs just like Randolph. His success is an anomaly against the norm.

Randle doesn't have nearly the skill set. It's a shortsighted comparison based on their stature.

There is no way the front office is gonna trade MKG or Zeller unless its in a deal for a player like Kevin Love or one of the top 3 picks if they feel one of the rookies will help right now which I doubt the team believes. 

This team does not really want any more young players they want something to win now with. 

The players who are most likely to be on the move would be Henderson and Biz.

I don't think there's a superstar in this draft class. It's so overhyped.

Embiid is a 7 ft Center with a bad back. Most big guys with his size & hype are busts, especially with major injury concerns.

Wiggins is a freak athlete but he has almost no actual basketball skillset.

Parker has great basketball skills but he's a horrible athlete by NBA standards.

Randle is undersized and doesn't have an offensive game. In college and high school he just bullied his way to the basket. But against teams with s big front line of NBA caliber players he was shut down because he has no post moves.

Entering last fall people were acting like this class was gonna be the best class ever. Wiggins = LeBron, Parker = Carmelo, Embiid = Olajuwan, Randle = Barkley. It's not gonna happen. I'd bet on Smart & Exum being just as good as any of those guys. There may be 8-10 all-star caliber players but there's not gonna be a once in a generation superstar out of this class.

My dream scenario would be trading the #9 & Henderson for Greg Monroe in a sign & trade, then get lucky & have PJ fall in your lap at 24. I'd rather have Monroe/Hairston than any single player in this draft.

I think Exum is the best prospect in this draft, I actually don't even think it's that close either. To me he's the clear #1 pick if Embiid's back is actually bad. You take Embiid if he's healthy because of how important a dominate big can be, but I still think  Exum ends up being the best player from this class. 

I think Exum is the best prospect in this draft, I actually don't even think it's that close either. To me he's the clear #1 pick if Embiid's back is actually bad. You take Embiid if he's healthy because of how important a dominate big can be, but I still think Exum ends up being the best player from this class.

I agree.

I don't believe that Parker will be a Superstar. He'll be a star player. Exactly like Melo. Will put up nice stats but not a game changer. Parker doesn't play defense.

Exum's ceiling is unbelievable. If he's anything close to MJ or KD, you take him.

(1) Exum

(2) Embiid

(3) Randle / Wiggins / Parker

Archived